|How to insert Flash Video into PowerPoint2007?|
|Written by SunnyY|
|Tuesday, 15 July 2008 16:30|
Step-by-step illustrations to show you how to insert Flash Video(Youtube, Myspace and so on) to PowerPoint?
FLV is the abbreviation of Flash Live Video, It is a format designed for web video playback that offers high rates of compression and produces high quality video. Now, more and more people download their favorite FLV files from YouTube and other video sharing websites and want to insert them into PowerPoint to make a good presentation.
How to insert FLV Video to presentation? However, many people also have difficulty in inserting FLV files to PowerPoint. Here I want to share my experience about it.
Insert FLV to PowerPoint step-by-step
1. Make sure the video you download is named as .flv and can be played back normally.
2. Find the hidden control Toolbox out in PowerPoint. Following these steps: Click Office button ->PowerPoint Options -> Popular -> tick "Show Developer tab in the Ribbon".
3. Click "Developer”, click the icon "More Controls" which is displayed as hummer and wrench in the Controls column.
Then select "VideoLAN VLC ActiveX Plugin v1/v2"(make sure the VideoLAN VLC player is installed in advance) in the pop-up dialog box. Download VideoLAN VLC player at http://vlc-media-player.en.softonic.com/
4. Click the position in your PowerPoint where you want to display the shape, press the mouse button and resize the area you like to place.
5. Right click the area you drew and go to Properties tab, and complete the value of attribute "MRL" with the path of the YouTube Flash video file, like D:\Temp\2008\temp.flv, then close the tab. Now the YouTube Flash video in your hard drive is ready to play in your presentation.
Tips for inserting FLV to PowerPoint
Generally speaking, in order to avoid video codec problems on different computers and make sure the video can be played back normally, the FLV format is not recommended to use in the PowerPoint. In view of the popularity and highly compatible cross-platform features of flash movie in SWF, we may try to convert the FLV files to SWF and then insert the SWF file to PowerPoint.
By the way, some presentation authoring tools can help you insert SWF files conveniently. Like PPT2Flash (http://www.sameshow.com/powerpoint-to-flash.html). Take PPT2Flash for example. Only by clicking “insert Flash” you can simply achieve your goal.
Tips for YouTube: YouTube is very popular around us, many people want to download their favorite videos form YouTube and insert them into PowerPoint. Here is a video about how to Insert YouTube Video into PowerPoint, you can have a look and have more idea about it.