| Posted By : Donald | Monday, 19 January 2009 | views(264)|
|Altering the default size and quality of thumbnail images with Windows XP SP1 is possible using Tweak UI. Download and install Tweak UI from Microsoft by clicking here http://www.microsoft.com|
• Install Tweak UI and run it.
• Double-click Explorer menu in the left, and choose Thumbnails • In the right-pane, alter the Thumbnail Size - Default value being 96 pixels.
• You can also change the quality of the thu
| Posted By : nag | Monday, 19 January 2009 | views(278)|
|When using the start menu there is a delay between various tiers of the menu hierarchy. For the fastest computer experience possible it is advisable to change this value to zero. This will allow the different tiers to appear instantly. |
• Click Start, type Regedit.
• Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop • Select MenuShowDelay from the list on the right.
• Right click on it and select Modify.
| Posted By : nag | Monday, 19 January 2009 | views(339)|
|Want to add that favorite photo to the User Account sign on screen? No problem, choose a photo from your computer or digital camera. |
• Click Start, Click Control Panel, Click User Accounts.
• Click Change My Picture.
• Open the folder where the photo is stored by choosing the Browse option. The photo must be JPEG format.
• Click on the name of the photo. Windows automatically scales down the photo
| Posted By : nag | Monday, 19 January 2009 | views(384)|
|Presentations Creating better and more informative MS PowerPoint presentations is key to selling an idea. At times the presentations can be riddled with mistakes that should be avoided.|
Here are the top ten key mistakes:
1. Avoid using a gradient template with any type of image, for example, with an image of a house, when you are presentation charts and graphs. It is especially difficult, if not impossible, to read words and see chart
| Posted By : nag | Monday, 19 January 2009 | views(333)|
|One reason Windows Vista claims to be faster than Windows XP is an added a superfetch feature to the prefetcher. Enable this built in Windows XP feature for faster speed. |
Copy the following into notepad call it update.reg then right click on the file you have just saved and click merge.
\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters]
| Posted By : CDW | Monday, 19 January 2009 | views(551)|
|To use: Click Start, Click Run, and type in required utility. |
1. compmgmt.msc - Computer management
2. devmgmt.msc - Device manager
3. diskmgmt.msc -D
| Posted By : CDW | Monday, 19 January 2009 | views(860)|
|There is no "deactivation" process for Windows XP. If you want to reinstall your Windows XP installation to a different PC, follow this method: |
* Remove Windows XP from its present hardware. You can remove Windows XP by using the "uninstall" routine; if you formerly upgraded from another OS and you elected to save uninstall information at the time. You can also format the hard drive, and install
| Posted By : nag | Monday, 19 January 2009 | views(366)|
|Switch your phone service to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), and save nearly 40 percent on local calls, as much as 90 percent on international calling and about 40 percent in cabling costs for new buildings. Further, switching to VoIP uses the same staffer for network, data and telephone setup and maintenance.|
| Posted By : nag | Monday, 19 January 2009 | views(349)|
|To make the best use of software and maximize savings, consider the following: |
ïƒ˜ Implement time-saving software license tracking and management, often available at no charge from your software vendor.
ïƒ˜ When possible, choose software licensing covering “total-users” to “number-of-active-users” in order to save on fees.
ïƒ˜ Consider open-source software as your server and even desktop
| Posted By : nag | Monday, 19 January 2009 | views(394)|
|Have your IT vendor pre-configure and asset tag products prior to delivery at your office. The IT vendor may also configure or “ghost” software onto hardware products before delivery. Finally, make use of hardware and software asset management tracking, often available at no additional cost from your IT vendor. ||<< Start < Prev 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Next > End >>|