SEATTLE Feb. 1, 2011 Line Transport
Specific upgrades include:
- Integration of Juniper’s MX series Routers in the company’s IP core, enabling 360networks to scale its IP network to meet customers’ higher bandwidth needs.
- Expansion of bandwidth and service capabilities by deploying Alcatel-Lucent’s 1830 Photonic Service Switches covering over 8,000 route miles, enhancing the transport layer and improving flexibility, with 100Gig-capable interfaces.
- Enhancement to access capabilities by integrating Alcatel-Lucent’s 7750 Service Routers (SR), 7450 Ethernet Service Switches (ESS), and 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM), enabling highly efficient network administration and service activation, while supporting the company’s Layer 2 Ethernet (L2E) platform and 100Gig interfaces.
- Expansion of Internet exchange coverage and capacity to provide customers with broader reach and enhance the company’s public and private peering capabilities.
- Upgrading transit connections to peer the majority of the company’s IP Transit with the remainder utilizing only the highest performing IP transit networks.
"We not only realize the importance of the network components and technical designs within our network but also, how we interconnect and peer traffic to establish low-latent, high performance networks," continued Mr. Adams. "By enhancing these capabilities 360networks, our customers, and their end-users benefit from a higher performance/lower cost IP Transit solution."
Line Transport Arizona California Colorado Idaho Illinois Iowa Minnesota Montana Nebraska Nevada New Mexico North Dakota Oregon South Dakota Texas Utah Washington Wyoming www.360networks.com