Arkangel 5.0 introduces new features such as advanced data correlation, asset detection, and IP reputation.
MONTREAL, QC, October 10, 2014 /24-7PressRelease/ — Above Security, a leading global Managed Security Services Provider, announces the release of version 5.0 of its Security and Information Risk Management Platform Arkangel. Arkangel 5.0 leverages years of research & development and represents a technical leap, bringing to bear Above Security’s vision of offering its clients a proprietary tool that will provide them with a powerful, holistic view of their network security.
Arkangel is an intelligent Information Risk Management Platform designed to transform live security data from multiple sources into actionable information. Automated log and security event correlation from distributed devices facilitates threat detection and significantly improves the efficiency of the incident response management process. Arkangel’s technology-agnostic approach makes it possible to collect and aggregate alerts, logs and other device-specific information from all IT networks, whether they are legacy systems, virtual systems, BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) or even Cloud environments.
Arkangel’s advanced intelligence engine paints a complete and accurate picture of the client network. Clients’ security posture is strengthened by contextualizing data feeds with client-specific business logic. This holistic view towards network security leads to a more proactive incident management process, all while ensuring that areas of concern are dealt with collaboratively by the client and Above Security’s team of certified security experts.
“The Arkangel 5.0 release marks a significant evolution in our technology that will help us further improve our ability to respond to the many diverse threats that our clients may face”, said Ray Chehata, President and CEO of Above Security. “Arkangel 5.0 advanced intelligence, coupled with the security expertise of our analysts, is effectively defending our clients from external and internal threats and protecting their most valuable asset – their brand.”
Arkangel 5.0 facilitates the incident management process and improves client network security by:
– Shortening the time period from recognizing an alert to establishing whether malicious activity is taking place or not;
– Increasing the quality of analysis to create an accurate incident identification process;
– Prioritizing the risks to clients’ IT assets by providing clear information about where the risk is and how to deal with it;
– Providing a secure communication channel between clients and Above Security analysts with automated incident management workflow;
– Allowing clients to leverage best-of-breed security applications. With Arkangel 5.0, clients need not invest in new appliances – instead, Arkangel is flexible enough to work with any existing infrastructure;
– Creating a transparent, 360-degree view of clients’ network security posture by providing a means to tie in all security solutions into one coherent risk model.
New Features of Arkangel 5.0
– Advanced Correlation Engine = The Correlation Engine’s advanced logic provides greater detection of event attack scenarios by performing analysis on all alerts across a client’s network to detect and distinguish patterns that could be indicative of threats that are not easily detected by the human eye.
– Asset Detection Engine = Designed to detect servers, workstations and appliances as soon as they appear in client’s environments, the Asset Detection Engine identifies the most critical assets in our clients’ network environments, thus improving Above Security’s capabilities to accurately anticipate and prevent attacks.
– IP Reputation = The introduction of an IP Reputation Model to Arkangel 5.0 will help improve the monitoring of Internet usage and policy violations by facilitating the identification of access to non-reputable sites.
– Third-Party Log Integration = Arkangel 5.0 has improved its log integration capabilities by enhancing its ability to receive various logs from third-party security systems such as Radware’s anti-DDoS, IBM AS400 iSeries systems, Linux/Unix Platforms, Windows Operating Systems etc.
About Above Security
Above Security is a Global IT Security Service Provider who builds and delivers customized services for monitoring and protecting the most critical and sensitive IT assets in our clients’ infrastructures 24/7. With a focus on risk management, and continuous improvement of our technology and incident response processes, our clients count on us to provide the right solutions for their businesses – quickly, effectively and with expertise beyond industry standards.
Founded in 1999, Above Security caters to small and medium size businesses as well as Fortune 500 companies in important, highly-regulated industries – such as financial services and government – where the need to process or store considerable quantities of confidential data is paramount. We have experience guarding the systems of over 250 private and government-owned organizations in over 40 countries around the world from our two Security Operations Centers (SOCs) in Canada and Switzerland.
Above Security’s strategic consulting capabilities and unique 24/7 Managed Security Services (MSS) allow its clients to concentrate on their core business, safe in the knowledge that they can count on Above Security for their informational asset security needs. Along with its 24/7 information security monitoring including intrusion detection, log aggregation, event correlation and incident response services, the company offers an array of consulting services, including amongst others penetration tests, vulnerability scans, security architecture and configuration review.
Being ISO 9001:2008 certified for its MSS offering from its World Headquarters, Above Security is also an accredited member of FIRST (Forum of Incident Response and Security Teams) and a Certified QSA (Qualified Security Assessor) for Latin America, the Caribbean and Canada from the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC).
Press Release Distributed by 24-7 Press Release Newswire