Feb. 7, 2011 the Beaches South Walton $10,000 Saturday, June 11
Digital Graffiti at Alys Beach is the world’s first outdoor projection art festival, with artists using the latest technologies to create original works that are then projected across the town’s iconic white walls.
Florida Charlie Crist Florida
The annual festival explores how design, technology, and architecture intertwine to create entirely new art forms. For one evening, Alys Beach opens its doors, courtyards, and pedestrian paths to innovative companies and ground-breaking artists who fuse these three components to literally transform the entire resort town into a living work of art.
Here’s How To Enter:
Stage 1: Initial Screening
There is no application fee and artists retain 100% ownership of their works, although please note that by submitting an entry, you agree to allow Digital Graffiti, Alys Beach and/or its sponsoring partners the unrestricted right to use your artwork (in part or in whole) for promotional purposes.
You may submit more than one entry, but please note that each artwork requires its own entry information:
- Project Title
- Artist Name
- Original Format
- Running Time
- Year Produced
- One sentence overview of project
- Short description of project (no more than 200-300 words)
- Brief artist statement
- An artist cv/resume that includes your physical address, telephone number and email address
- June 11, 2011
- Entries may include new or existing short digital videos or entirely new interactive concepts.
- Every effort will be made to play audio with the pieces. However, not all pieces will be shown with accompanying audio.
Stage 2: Finalists & The Selection Process
Submitting artists whose entries pass the first screening ("Finalists") will be notified in April.
June 11, 2011
Stage 3: Awards & The Festival
Florida Saturday, June 11
- Best of Show $5,000
- Most Innovative/Experimental Submission $1,000
- Best Local Submission Florida Walton Bay Okaloosa Washington $1,000
- Best Animated Submission $1,000
- Judges’ Choice $2,000
ABOUT ALYS BEACH
Florida New York Times Bermuda Antigua Guatemala Florida www.alysbeach.com
SOURCE Alys Beach