WASHINGTON April 24, 2012 Toward a Single Global Digital Economy: The First Report of the Aspen Institute IDEA Project.
the United States Europe India
Among the key components of the report:
- The Aspen IDEA Common Statement:
- The Aspen IDEA Principles: June 2011
- The importance of multistakeholder Internet governance.
The report advances the idea that various multistakeholder entities should govern various aspects of the global Internet but that all should be connected to each other in two major ways:
- All multistakeholder entities would adopt a common statement and set of principles that they would apply to all recommendations and actions; and
- All such entities would include companies, governments, and non-profits in deliberations and recommendations.
Reed Hundt Peter Cowhey University of California, San Diego Charles Firestone Gary Epstein
Charles Firestone Aspen Institute Communications and Society Program
The Aspen Institute Communications and Society Program www.aspeninstitute.org/c&s
The Aspen Institute Washington, DC Aspen, Colorado Maryland New York City www.aspeninstitute.org
SOURCE The Aspen Institute