- Real-time “Map View” of both the user’s and other boats via AIS.
- Continuous Collision detection using Closest Point of Approach (CPA)
- “Compass” mode to sight ships on the map including bearing to and distance from.
- Enable friends and family to see the user’s location and course on Boat Beacon and Global AIS Systems.
- Current Speed, Course and GPS location
- Details about other ships including photos.
- MMSI numbers to contact nearby boats via VHF.
By enabling Boat Beacon’s “Transmit” mode, the user’s boat will appear on other Boat Beacon-equipped devices. With its AIS Sharing feature, the user’s boat will also appear on live ship tracking websites such as AIS Hub, Marine Traffic and Ship Finder.
Boat Beacon is available in the Google Play Store for US$9.99. For more information, visit http://www.PocketMariner.com. A real-time map of the several thousand Boat Beacon boats can be viewed on the website.
About Electric Pocket Limited:
Electric Pocket has been developing mobile applications and solutions for over 10 years from its base in South Wales, UK. The company’s award winning product portfolio includes apps for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry. Electric Pocket provides engineering jump-start and consultancy services for companies looking to deliver great mobile products. Samsung, Sony, and Vodafone are a few of the company’s top-flight clients. For more information, visit http://www.electricpocket.com.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/8/prweb9828512.htm