"This advanced SoC brings the unmatched performance and flexibility that enables Nokia Siemens Networks to extend our leadership position in commercial radio products," said Tommi Uitto, head of LTE business line, Nokia Siemens Networks. "We have truly software-defined radio in the baseband as well as in the radio frequency (RF) parts. With our LTE-ready products shipping to over 200 operators worldwide, we value the innovation and high quality that Texas Instruments technology and our deep co-operation continue to deliver."
TCI6618 40 percent or more spectral efficiency
Moore Jagdish Rebello
Key features and benefits:
- Developed on TI’s KeyStone multicore architecture and powerful new C66x DSP cores, TCI6618 enables scalability and portability from macro to small cells while reducing product development expenses;
- Advanced C66x cores with integrated floating point capability provide full programmability and 5x performance improvement in critical algorithms such as MIMO and scheduling – both key areas of differentiation for customers;
- New multistandard Bit Rate Coprocessor (BCP) accelerates bit rate processing for LTE, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA and WiMAX, substantially increasing system capacity and performance with lowest latency;
- Scalable KeyStone architecture provides a non blocking 2 Tbps switch fabric, featuring high throughput system interconnect and zero copy multicore infrastructure;
- Industry leading power reduction technologies, including TI’s SmartReflex™ power management, memory retention and dynamic power management, deliver lowest power levels for base stations;
- High-performance 40-nm process technology ensures robust performance and unmatched value for base station developers;
- Balanced programmable CPU cores and configurable accelerators enable software defined radio with a simplified programming model.
TI @ Mobile World Congress
Booth 8A84 (Hall 8) www.ti.com/mwc2011
About Texas Instruments
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
SOURCE Texas Instruments Incorporated