– The Bridgewater Policy Controller and Home Subscriber Server are on the Cisco Unified Computing System for 3G and 4G mobile packet core
networks, enabling operators to obtain greater cost/performance from their mobile packet core.
– The Cisco Unified Computing System (http://www.cisco.com/web/solutions/data_center/unifiedcomputing_promo.html?Referring_site=PrintTv&Country_Site=us&Campaign=Data+Center+CA&Position=Vanity&Creative=go/unifiedcomputing&Where=go/unifiedcomputing) unites computational,
network, storage access, and virtualization resources in a single energy efficient system that reduces IT infrastructure costs and complexity, helps extend capital assets and improves business agility productivity for the next generation data center.
– The availability of Bridgewater’s control plane portfolio on the Cisco Unified Computing System platform enables service providers to:
– Optimize 3G networks using intelligent policy controls to alleviate radio access network congestion, ensure fair usage, and give subscribers greater control over their mobile data usage;
– Offload mobile data traffic from 3G networks to Wi-Fi, femtocells, or 4G networks;
– Transform to 4G and control subscribers, devices, and applications to ensure service portability across 3G and 4G networks; and
– Deliver innovative services such as usage and application based models using flexible policy controls, real-time subscriber information, and dynamic metering capabilities.
– Bridgewater is part of Cisco’s Developer Network, a vibrant community of businesses and individuals who develop applications, devices,
and/or services using Cisco technologies. Customers benefit by having access to a broad ecosystem of developers offering tested products and solutions that can securely extend the capabilities and management of their Cisco investment.
David Sharpley, Senior Vice President, Bridgewater Systems “Supporting Cisco’s Unified Computing System reflects Bridgewater’s portfolio strategy to ensure service providers can deploy our complete and pre-integrated control plane portfolio to increase scalability and business agility, and to reduce total cost of ownership.”
Tags / Keywords
Bridgewater Systems, Cisco Unified Computing System, Cisco Preferred Solution Developer, Mobile Packet Core, Mobile Control Plane, Policy Control, Data Traffic Offload, 4G, RAN Congestion, Mobile Data Growth
About Bridgewater Systems
Bridgewater Systems, the mobile personalization company, enables service providers to efficiently manage and profit from mobile data services, content and commerce. The company’s market leading mobile personalization suite provides a real-time, unified view of subscribers including entitlements, devices, networks, billing profiles, preferences and context. Anchored by Bridgewater’s Subscriber Data Broker(TM), the portfolio of carrier-grade and standards-based products includes the Bridgewater(R) Service Controller (AAA), the Bridgewater(R) Policy Controller (PCRF) and the Bridgewater(R) Home Subscriber Server (HSS). More than 150 leading service providers including America Movil, Bell Canada, Clearwire, Cox, Hutchison Telecom, Iusacell, Scartel, SmarTone-Vodafone, Sprint, Tata Teleservices, Tatung, Telmex, Telstra, and Verizon Wireless use Bridgewater’s solutions to rapidly deliver innovative mobile services to over 150 million subscribers. For more information, visit us at www.bridgewatersystems.com.
Bridgewater, Bridgewater Systems, the Bridgewater Systems logo, WideSpan, Smart Caps, myPolicy, and Subscriber Data Broker are trademarks or registered trademarks of Bridgewater Systems Corporation. All other company, product names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.