What this means for system designers or pump specifiers it that a pump that might not be available through the downloadable PUMP-FLO catalogs can be graphed using a spreadsheet or digitizing tablet and saved as a digital pump catalog file.
PIPE-FLO Professional software users will find this program to be particularly time saving because building a pump catalog in P-Library is faster, allows for multiple impeller diameters to be included and is saved in a PMP file format. PMP files can be installed into PIPE-FLO and used in different system files rather than having to build a pump curve for every new piping system designed in the PIPE-FLO and Flow of Fluids software.
Pump Manufacturers who use PUMP-FLO can use P-Library for pump catalog database management. Pump manufacturers can use the software to generate a catalog of data-driven performance curves. The catalog can then be used for internal record keeping, generating factory certified curves for sales packages, distributed to end-users for use with the PUMP-FLO desktop selection software, and it can even be posted on PUMP-FLO.com.
P-Library comes with an introductory training course, one year of software support and upgrades, and a detailed user guide that gets you up and running quickly.
P-Library is the muscle behind the PUMP-FLO curves; it creates data-driven curves using a cubic spline regression as opposed to polynomial regression. To learn why and how P-Library’s graphing methods are the most accurate, the article Pump Curve Accuracy, published in Pumps & Systems Magazine December 2011 Issue describes how the software generates pump curves.
The PUMP-FLO software allows users to search across a pump catalog to generate a dynamic pump curve based on a system design point search. Additional search criteria include fluid properties, motor sizing, NPSH calculations, pump limits, and system operating points. Once a dynamic pump curve is generated, users have the ability to trim impeller diameters, adjust operating speeds, and dynamically generate electronic curves & data sheet reports. The PUMP-FLO selection engine is developed by Engineered Software, Inc. and is fully integrated into the PIPE-FLO Professional program used to design, simulate, analyze and optimize fluid piping systems. (www.eng-software.com)
• Create files compatible with PIPE-FLO, Flow of Fluids and PUMP-FLO software
• Quickly and easily copy and paste performance data in and out of the software via a table interface or enter using a digitizing tablet
• Store additional data such as pump performance limits, physical characteristics and identifiers with each pump curve record
• Drag-and-drop to instantly adjust curve points
• Specify the performance range for which a pump is appropriate using the selection window feature
• Make bulk data changes using spreadsheet editor
• Attach additional documents such as O&M manuals, sales brochures, and technical drawings to individual curves or catalogs
• Specify performance for up to 75 h/q curves per performance curve, or allow PUMP-FLO’s exclusive interpolation algorithms calculate data between trims
• Extrapolate performance data to different speeds via affinity laws
• Automatically generate iso-efficiency data and iso-power data
• Specify motors using a standard motor table or specify custom motor frames and enclosures
Ordering & Demo Information
• Call Toll Free: 1-800-786-8545
• Email: [email protected]
• Website: pump-flo.com/products/p-library.aspx (images available here)
About PUMP-FLO™ Solutions (An Engineered Software Business) – Launched in 2002, PUMP-FLO Solutions is an Engineered Software business unit established to further develop and market the PUMP-FLO Enterprise product line and software suite. The PUMP-FLO Enterprise (PFE) solution delivers proven capabilities that help manufacturers automate their entire front-end business processes in order to reduce costs, improve accuracy, improve customer and distributor satisfaction, and increase profit margins. The PFE Software is a Windows-based (CD) program established in 1989 followed by the Web-based platform in 2002, both are used for product sizing and selection, pricing/configuration, quotation and proposal generation, order processing, parts ordering, and much more. PUMP-FLO Solutions currently provides software to over 100 manufacturers, including Ingersoll-Rand, Patterson, Gorman-Rupp, Cornell, Crane Pumps and Systems, and National Oilwell to name a few. For more information visit www.pump-flo.com.
PUMP-FLO™ is a Trademark of Engineered Software, Inc. PIPE-FLO® is a registered Trademark of Engineered Software, Inc. All other companies or products listed are trademarks of their respected owners.
Engineered Software, Inc.
Contact via Email
Click here to read the full story: Build Your Own PUMP-FLO Electronic Catalogs with New P-Library Software