ALISO VIEJO, Calif. Feb. 3, 2011
Buy.com’s ShopTogether Community overcomes the typical solitary online shopping experience and brings the communal aspects of shopping in the real world to the Internet. As a follow-on to Buy.com’s BuyTV product video segments, ShopTogether is the next step in Buy.com’s goal to deliver the rich in-store experience online. The ShopTogether Community offers an instant messenger (IM) capability directly on Buy.com to enable spontaneous engagement with friends and family.
Other features include:
- Instant chat sessions with friends who are shopping on Buy.com and logged in through Facebook Connect
- Integration with Twitter and other social networks
- Simultaneous product browsing
- Ability for shoppers to redirect a friend, with permission, to the page he/she is viewing
- Real-time viewing of the most popular items on Buy.com
- Private chat sessions with Buy.com Customer Service support
"Integrating social connection on Buy.com makes online shopping more engaging and fun, and we believe it will ultimately drive increased loyalty," said Neel Grover, president and CEO of Buy.com. "ShopTogether is an integral asset on the Buy.com site, and we plan to capitalize on this platform with the acquisition of the company."
Maryland Aliso Viejo
June 1997 Aliso Viejo, Calif. Japan
Buy.com® and The Internet Superstore™ are trademarks of Buy.com Inc.
DecisionStep helps online businesses succeed by providing hosted, innovative solutions that let consumers make better decisions faster. DecisionStep’s revolutionary application called ShopTogether provides real-time, social interaction to shoppers so they can be part of each other’s web experience and decision-making process, increasing order value and buyer conversion for retailers.