SAN FRANCISCO Jan. 19, 2011 Linksys E4200 Maximum Performance Dual-Band Wireless-N Router
Building on the decade of leadership and innovation from Linksys, this latest state of the art router features simultaneous dual-band wireless-N, four gigabit ports, and a 3×3 antenna configuration that help give it unparalleled speed and range. Additionally, a combination of internal and external amplifiers coupled with six antennas help increase the signal strength across greater distances, providing improved home network coverage and reducing dead spots. The E4200 also features a next-generation industrial design that combines sleek contours with advanced functionality.
New Features for Storage, Sharing, and Simple Setup
The E4200’s new USB feature makes it easy to add external storage to the network and since it is an UPnP Media server as well, consumers can easily store, share and stream movies, music and games to other devices around the home. The USB port also has plans for converting to a Virtual USB port which will also enable printers to easily connect to the network so all users in the home can print wirelessly. The included Cisco Connect software continues to provide simple three-step setup and network management tools such as parental controls and guest access.
- Maximum performance of up to 300 Mbps (2.4) and up to 450 Mbps (5.0GHz)*
- Simultaneous dual-band (2.4 and 5.0 GHz) with four 10/100/100 gigabit ports
- 3X3 internal MIMO special stream configuration on the 5.0 Ghz band for ideal performance for streaming HD videos, gaming and voice
- Internal and external amplifiers for maximum speed at greater distances for added in-home mobility
- Six antennas for maximum range
- Quality of Service (QoS) for prioritizing bandwidth for movies, voice or music
- UPnP media server for adding on storage to serve your Internet-enabled TVs or media server PCs
- USB port for easily adding external storage drives
- New design
- Advanced security: WPA and WPA2 and Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI) Firewall
- Plans to support IPv6 in the spring
- Cisco Connect software for enabling simple setup, network management tools (parental controls, guest access) and optional advanced settings
Pricing and Availability:
*The maximum performance for wireless is derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications. Actual performance can vary, including lower wireless network capacity, data throughput rate, range and coverage. Performance depends on many factors, conditions and variables, including distance from the access point, volume of network traffic, environment building materials and construction, operating system used, mix of wireless products used, interference and other adverse conditions.
SOURCE Cisco Consumer Products