- Murdoch University sessions : Chairman’s Introduction & Welcome speech plus Update on Murdoch Algae R & D Centre & future directions by Prof. Dr. Michael A Borowitzka, Professor & Head of Algae R&D Center; CO2 bioremediation using microalgae by Dr. Navid Moheimani, Senior Lecturer, School of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology.
- Update on the Darke Peak Algae Biofuels Commercialization project in Eyre Peninsula by Dr . Stephen Clarke, Leader – Materials & BioEnergy Group, Flinders University
- Open Pond Systems with High Saline Algae updates on Muradel Algae Project by Mr. Gerald Barker, Interim CEO, Muradel Pty Ltd
- Algae – the optimal crop & growth industry for Western Australia, a session by Mr. Matthew Caspari, Founder & Managing Director Australia from Aurora Algae Pty Ltd.
- Discovering the best Australian sites for algae cultivation and scale-up by Dr. David Batten, Leader, Low-cost Algal Fuels Team from CSIRO Energy Transformed Flagship
- Direct Conversion of Algal Oils to Jet and Diesel Fuels by Dr . Steve Lupton, Senior Research Associate, UOP LLC, A Honeywell Company
- Biodiesel from algae presented by Dr . Gerhard Knothe, Research Chemist, USDA-ARS NCAUR Fermentation Biotechnology Research Unit
- Capturing flue-gas CO2 to the algae ponds to harvest and grow algae by Mr. Andrew Lawson, Managing Director, MBD Energy Limited
- Tubular Photobioreactors in Commercial Microalgae Production – Operational Experiences at the 12000 m² Plant in Klötze/Altmark by Dr . Martin Ecke, Managing Director from Roquette Klötze GmbH & Co. KG
The rest of the contributing international experts include Queensland Alliance for Agriculture and Food Innovation, Melbourne Water Corporation, Regenerate Industries, University of Adelaide, Earthrise Nutritionals LLC.
To access full agenda of 2nd Algae World Australia visit the event’s website. For details on reservations please contact Ms. Huiyan at (65) 6346 9113
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/2/prweb9221349.htm