BRISBANE, Calif. April 30, 2012 www.collab.net
CloudForge represents the industry’s first enterprise-grade dPaaS offering, and underpins CollabNet’s strategy to lead the adoption and growth of Enterprise Cloud Development. It provides code repository hosting (Subversion and Git), access to hosted and third-party Agile tools, and facilitates the deployment of applications to public and private cloud environments. It uniquely extends to and integrates with on-premise applications like TeamForge, Subversion Edge and leading commercial and open source tools, or to affiliated cloud platforms like Cloud Foundry and SOASTA. This mix of hybrid cloud and lifecycle capabilities enables development teams to leverage the power of Agile processes and DevOps initiatives – while providing the enterprise with a centralized view of productivity, cost management and compliance.
CloudForge is an entirely new platform that is built upon the industry leading Codesion® cloud development framework that more than 4,000 global customers use daily. It is more than a year in the making and leverages CollabNet’s extensive experience building development communities and helping enterprise IT organizations manage complex distributed team environments. While CloudForge offers an easy, flexible and low-cost "on-ramp" to cloud development, it is 100 percent enterprise-ready, with the high availability, backup, compliance, security, user management and support expected from a world-class cloud offering.
Starting today, CollabNet is making CloudForge Cloud Services accessible from within all of its products, including its TeamForge ALM and Subversion Edge SCM platforms. Initially, the new Subversion Edge CloudBackup service provides seamless Subversion data archiving, redundancy and migration capabilities for any on-premise user of Subversion Edge or TeamForge, without leaving their own desktop environment. Future hybrid cloud services will become available later in 2012 within Subversion and TeamForge, and may range from elastic server provisioning for build and test, to data analytics services and access to knowledge communities.
The CloudForge hybrid cloud development platform includes the following capabilities:
- Collaborative UI: A newly designed user interface that promotes open, collaborative development in the cloud and for the cloud, with an emphasis on sharing, speed, simplicity and built-in training.
- Developer Feed: Aggregates development activities in real time through a streaming, searchable dashboard for easy reference and data access.
- Reporting Center: Provides centralized visibility for development managers and IT administrators with a focus on project performance against milestones, coding progress and system/access logs.
- My Services – provides easy-to-provision development services included within the CloudForge Public Hosting plan, including SCM (Subversion, Git and CVS), trackers (Trac, Bugzilla and DAV) and Agile ALM (ScrumWorks® Pro and TeamForge) tools. Integrated services include basic (Basecamp, Pivotal, FogBuzz and Lighthouse) and premium (JIRA, Rally and VersionOne) levels.
- Marketplace – additional add-on services may be purchased through the CollabNet partner ecosystem, including: Cornerstone, ALMWorks, BrainEngine, SOASTA, New Relic and Zendesk.
- Hybrid Cloud Deployment – Includes one-click deployment to public PaaS or private datacenters
CollabNet, TeamForge and ScrumWorks are registered trademarks of CollabNet, Inc. CloudForge is a trademark of CollabNet, Inc. Subversion is a registered trademark of the Apache Software Foundation. Other names may be trademarks of their respective holders.