OCEANPORT, N.J. April 23, 2012 CommVault
CommVault also announced that it has deepened its strategic alliance with Microsoft, expanding collaborative development and sales and marketing activities around the Windows Azure platform. This latest expansion of the long-standing collaboration will enable CommVault’s customers to benefit from the economies and flexibility of cloud computing on Windows Azure, including compute and storage on-demand.
- CommVault today announced collaboration with Microsoft to offer a cloud storage solution that combines the power of Simpana software with the cost benefits and flexibility of storing data on the Windows Azure cloud platform.
- $50,000 USD archiving backup
- source-side deduplication SharePoint 2010 Microsoft Exchange Microsoft SQL Server
- The solution will take advantage of the Windows Azure infrastructure and enable Simpana software to become a part of Windows Azure solutions developed by Microsoft and by third parties.
- $50,000 $100,000
Tweet This: http://bit.ly/FPohLf
A Singular Solution for Managing Big Data in the Cloud
- Cloud data storage delivers compelling economics to any IT environment struggling with data management. Because cloud storage providers leverage multi-tenant architectures, infrastructure costs are shared across many users. This helps lower costs substantially versus on-site solutions, which require additional provisioning, power, cooling costs, and more.
- CommVault’s next-generation Singular Information Management® innovations empower Simpana® software customers to seamlessly leverage the cloud to lower data management costs, reduce business and compliance risks and easily extract data for better decision making with anywhere, anytime information access.
N. Robert Hammer
- "Big Data keeps getting bigger and enterprise IT organizations are in need of simple, cost effective solutions for storing and managing massive amounts of data over long periods of time. CommVault and Microsoft have worked closely to enhance the capabilities of the Windows Azure platform, while adding substantial value to Microsoft applications. This new level of collaborative focus on cloud computing will bring tremendous value to our customers."
- "Microsoft’s public and private cloud solutions help cover the spectrum of data center needs. CommVault has been adding value every step of the way, and it’s great to see such a strong on-premises company committing to Windows Azure."
- "According to our most recent IT spending intentions survey, 74% of organizations plan to increase spending on cloud computing services in 2012. We attribute much of this massive growth to innovative solutions, such as this data management offering from Microsoft and CommVault, that simplify the transition to the cloud. While both companies have extremely robust technology underpinning the combined data protection and archive service, customers may very well adopt it because of the all-inclusive, predictable pricing model and ease of implementation."
- More on CommVault and Microsoft Windows Azure
- Video: Windows Azure Integration with Simpana software
- More on CommVault and Microsoft
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 software
- More on CommVault’s Enterprise Cloud Computing Solutions
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
- Join CommVault on LinkedIn
www.commvault.com Oceanport, New Jersey the United States
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers’ results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault’s beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2012 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.