OCEANPORT, N.J. July 13, 2011 CommVault Sheila Childs
- CommVault is introducing a new Modern Data Management bundle to help users address with a single solution a variety of data management issues common to several applications including Microsoft Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, Active Directory, Hyper-V and VMware environments. The new bundle is available through CommVault’s worldwide channel partner network.
- Unlike alternative "point-product" approaches to Exchange management, the CommVault bundle addresses recovery, archiving, data reduction and policy management, from a single platform and interface to dramatically reduce the cost and complexity of protecting dynamic email environments. This eliminates the need for users to implement separate backup applications and archiving products.
- The new Modern Data Management bundle includes advanced software, as well as hardware and services recommendations, and operational guidelines that leverage CommVault’s expertise in modern data management.
- The linchpin of the Modern Data Management Bundle is a flexible capacity licensing model that lets customers protect Microsoft Exchange and other applications and file types. Users can change scope, scale and protection methods at will and for little additional cost or management overhead. Additionally, the CommVault capacity licensing model provides an affordable entry point and seamless growth path when compared to traditional, standalone backup/ recovery and archive software.
- CommVault® Simpana 9 software Backup/ Recovery Archive 2011 Microsoft Server Platform Partner of the Year
- winner of the Backup and Recovery category in the Best of Tech-Ed 2011 awards program Windows IT Pro SQL Server Magazine DevProConnections SharePoint Pro
CommVault Advances Modern Data Management
- CommVault recognizes the pivotal role its channel partners play in driving successful Microsoft Exchange implementations.
- SnapProtect™ technology
- source-side deduplication,
- Overall storage costs and migration timetables can be reduced significantly using integrated archiving that moves old, infrequently accessed data from primary disk storage to less expensive, secondary storage tiers including cloud storage.
- CommVault’s Modern Data Management Bundle offers end-users, IT teams, along with legal and compliance teams the ability to monitor, classify and report on the size, scope and operational characteristics of the Exchange environment. Additionally, capacity usage and advanced reporting views help accelerate migration efforts to Exchange 2010, while also identifying stale data for archiving policies.
- Ron Miiller
- Firooz Ghanbarzadeh
"CDW is continuously looking for new ways to help our customers streamline the purchasing, deployment and management of leading-edge IT solutions. CommVault’s ready-made Modern Data Management Bundle allows us to help our customers do just that by providing a reliable, cost-effective data management solution for Microsoft Exchange environments."
Pricing and Availability
- The Modern Data Management Bundle will be generally available, worldwide, in August.
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 software
- More on CommVault backup and recovery
- More on CommVault Archive
- More CommVault news
www.commvault.com Oceanport, New Jersey the United States
Safe Harbor Statement
Customers’ results may differ materially from those stated herein; CommVault does not guarantee that all customers can achieve benefits similar to those stated above. This press release may contain forward-looking statements, including statements regarding financial projections, which are subject to risks and uncertainties, such as competitive factors, difficulties and delays inherent in the development, manufacturing, marketing and sale of software products and related services, general economic conditions and others. Statements regarding CommVault’s beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future are forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All such forward-looking statements are made pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from anticipated results. CommVault does not undertake to update its forward-looking statements.
©1999-2011 CommVault Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. CommVault, CommVault and logo, the "CV" logo, CommVault Systems, Solving Forward, SIM, Singular Information Management, Simpana, CommVault Galaxy, Unified Data Management, QiNetix, Quick Recovery, QR, CommNet, GridStor, Vault Tracker, InnerVault, Quick Snap, QSnap, SnapProtect, Recovery Director, CommServe, CommCell, ROMS, and CommValue are trademarks or registered trademarks of CommVault Systems, Inc. All other third party brands, products, service names, trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of and used to identify the products or services of their respective owners. All specifications are subject to change without notice.