RESTON, Va. Feb. 8, 2011 The comScore 2010 U.S. Digital Year in Review
The comScore 2010 U.S. Digital Year in Review http://www.comscore.com/Press_Events/Presentations_Whitepapers/2011/2010_US_Digital_Year_in_Review
2010 Marked Resurgence for Digital Media Industry in the Wake of the Recession
As the economic environment showed signs of improvement in 2010, the digital media industry responded with significant growth across various media platforms. Industry innovations brought an unprecedented number of options to consumers as digital media continued to weave itself even tighter into the fabric of Americans’ daily lives.
The report provides a comprehensive view across the fixed Internet and mobile sectors to uncover this past year’s important consumer trends. Key findings highlighted in the report include:
- $227.6 billion $85.2 billion $142.5 billion
- Social networking continued to gain momentum throughout 2010, with 9 out of every 10 U.S. Internet users now visiting a social networking site in a month, and the average Internet user spending more than 4 hours on these sites each month. Nearly 1 out of every 8 minutes online is spent on Facebook.
- The U.S. core search market grew 12 percent overall in 2010, driven by a 4-percent increase in unique searchers and an 8-percent increase in the number of search queries per searcher.
- December 2010 December 2009
- December 2010
- Major milestones in mobile were crossed during the year as smartphones reached 1 in 4 mobile subscribers and 3G penetration crossed the 50 percent threshold. Approximately 47 percent of mobile subscribers are now connected Internet media users (via browsers, applications or downloaded content), up 8 percentage points from the previous year.
comScore will also be presenting insights from the report with several industry associations via webinar. Please see below for more information (note: In some cases, webinars are for association members only):
- Wednesday, February 16 Register here
- Wednesday, February 23 Register here
- Log-in or create an account
- On the left side of the screen, click on "Sign up for an upcoming Event, Council or Webcast
- Register for "02/23/20011- 2010 U.S. Digital Year In Review
- Enter code "comScore223" in the promo code box on the bottom of the screen and click continue
- Wednesday, March 2 Register here
Follow us on Twitter
SOURCE comScore, Inc.