- Customizable working fluids for a range of heat sources, including engines, combustion turbines, industrial processes, solar thermal, geothermal, and ocean thermal;
- Sealed package with advanced bearings eliminating the cost, inefficiencies, and maintenance of a gearbox; and
- Modular platform with output of 100 kW to 5 MW.
Additionally, CN consultants will be in the booth to discuss innovations in the use of its turbomachinery design software, Agile Engineering Design System®, including new and improved features and functionality in the next version of the software, planned for release later this year. Some of the most significant highlights of the upcoming release include the ability to:
- reduce design cycle times while still yielding high quality turbomachinery parts through automation and an accelerated solver;
- design turboexpanders and large turbochargers for marine, locomotive, and on/off highway applications; and
- conduct full Multidisciplinary Optimization (MDO) in conjunction with several third-party optimization codes, including IOSO Technology™, ModeFRONTIER® and Isight™, providing customers the ability to solve design challenges in the context of a number of various disciplines.
“We’re excited to talk about the innovative ways our software is being used in the marketplace to contribute to important projects, especially in the realm of renewable energy and power generation,” George Zitka, Managing Director, CN. “We also look forward to providing a glimpse into the enhancements being made to our Agile Engineering Design System software, as we continually work to develop software that will help reduce the amount of time it takes to design turbomachinery while still achieving the highest level of quality.”
About Concepts NREC
Concepts NREC is a leading worldwide organization providing turbomachinery design, engineering services, manufacturing, and CAE/CAM software, with a staff of over 100 professionals at its facilities in Wilder, VT, and Chelmsford, MA. For more than half a century, Concepts NREC has provided manufacturers, users, government agencies, and the engineering community with technology tools, services, and products that have met their needs, helped achieve their goals, and aided in development and production of some of the world’s most advanced products. Concepts NREC is headquartered at 217 Billings Farm Road, White River Junction, VT, 05001-9486. Telephone: 802-296-2321. Facsimile: 802-296-2325. For more information, visit http://www.ConceptsNREC.com.
© 2012 Agile Engineering Design System is a registered trademark in the United States and in other countries. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/9/prweb9910735.htm