This 1-day course teaches the principles and practices that make Scrum effective at managing projects. The course uses the principles of Scrum, where the learning outcome is driven by the needs of the participants, through a combination of expert instruction and self-directed learning.
The following elements will be covered during the one day course:
* Scrum in Practice: the course is designed to illustrate Scrum in action.
* Understanding of the Agile Manifesto and what it means to them.
* Essence of Scrum: values, foundations and a new way of thinking.
* Understanding how Scrum values and foundations are related to the practices.
* Get a sense of what self-organization is (and is not).
* Draw a diagram of mechanics of Scrum: framework, roles, artifacts & flow.
The learning objectives and benefits of this training, to list a few, are:
1. Understand how Scrum can be used to deliver quality products.
2. Get everyone in your team aligned around the roles of Scrum so that expectations from each role is clear .
3. Clarify on how to do detailed planning and estimation using Scrum .
4. Enable your team in getting early feedback from your customer about Product progress. Having the customer engaged continuously in the development process will ensure there are no surprises in that regard. The team can see results quickly and have early feedback from customers, thus ensuring no rework is necessary.
Who should attend: This training is for anyone who would like to get introduced to or gain in-depth knowledge of Agile and Scrum, for immediate application. This course helps teams to implement Scrum framework for any type of project, hardware or software development, whether in sales, marketing, development, or support.
This trainer is Dr. Sanjeev Raman, who brings nearly a decade worth of project management, agile implementation, and process consulting experience to the table. He has extensive experience across the software development life cycle. He has also orchestrated and led consulting projects for fortune 500 companies. Dr. Raman has four academic degrees, which includes two undergraduate degrees in Biomedical Science Research and Laboratory Science, and two graduate degrees in the area of Information Technology from University of Maryland, Towson University, and George Mason University respectively. He has been an invited speaker by the Drug Information Association (DIA) and Barnett International to speak on software project best practices for the healthcare and pharmaceutical industry. Dr. Raman holds an adjunct faculty position in the College of Health and Human Services at George Mason University, and has published books and articles on agile project management.
The training is priced at $350, with an early bird discount of $295. However, this training follows the Pay It Forward model where a participant can make a donation if unable to afford the full price. The suggested minimum donation is $75. The vision behind the Pay it Forward Program is that money should not be a barrier for learning. This model would enable many who could otherwise have not attended this class, to enroll and benefit from it.
About Conscires Agile Practices, LLC: Conscires Agile Practices is an Irvine-based organization that believes in delivering world-class products and attaining customer delight, by making use of the best practices of Agile and Scrum. Conscires guides organizations to discover their strengths and identify areas for improvement. The services offered include Training, Coaching, Consulting and Assessment. Conscires conducts frequent trainings in different cities across India and the US.
Conscires Agile Practices LLC
Contact via Email
Click here to read the full story: Conscires Offers Affordable Scrum Training in the Donation-Only Model in Raleigh, NC on Sep 28, 2012
Press Release Distributed by PR.com