ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, N.J. Feb. 15, 2011
Fueling this sentiment is consumers’ desire for appliances that could reduce the amount of time they have to spend doing laundry and give them more time to focus on the activities they enjoy.
The survey, commissioned by LG Electronics USA, reaffirms the company’s own consumer research citing laundry capacity as very important to American consumers. LG, the fastest-growing brand in top-load home laundry, offers maximum capacity. The company points out that not all 5.2 cubic-foot washers are measured the same, and that all LG washers meet new government guidelines for capacity measurement.
Other key findings from this independent national poll of 1,000 U.S. consumers include:
- Two-thirds of consumers (66 percent) agree that doing laundry is one of the most time-consuming household chores;
- 92 percent agree that being able to wash more clothes in fewer loads would allow them more time to focus on activities they enjoy;
- 62 percent of those polled say saving time by being able to wash more clothes in fewer loads would allow more time for "doing other chores around the house;" half of consumers say they would spend this extra time browsing the Internet/checking emails (51 percent) or spending more time with family/friends (49 percent); and
- More than half (53 percent) rate energy and water efficiency as a top feature when looking to purchase a washer/dryer pair.
The LG washer’s 5.2-cubic-foot (IEC) capacity means it can easily accommodate larger or harder to fit items, like king-sized comforters, or a greater number of clothes or laundry items. With each American household doing an average of 392 loads of laundry per year, this increase in capacity can save a family more than 39 loads annually.
Beyond its maximum capacity, key features of LG’s Wave Series top-load washers and dryers include:
- WaveForce™ technology that eliminates the agitator in traditional top-loaders and moves the water in the tub so it continuously penetrates fabrics with high-speed spinning, providing a deep clean that’s also gentler on delicate fabrics;
- Direct Drive motor with a 10-year warranty, which operates without belts or pulleys, delivering power directly from the motor to the drum resulting in increased efficiency, reduced noise, vibration and longer life-span;
- ColdWash™ feature, which offers the deep clean of a warm water wash with less energy consumption, delivering energy savings of 60-82 percent; and
- SmartRinse™ Jet Spray System that has a rinsing system that uses water more efficiently.
the United States
* U.S. Department of Energy Test Procedure (DOE 10 CFR 430, Subpart B, Appendix J1 test procedure)
About LG Electronics USA
Englewood Cliffs, N.J. the United States www.lg.com
An online survey was conducted using the field services of Toluna. The study reached a national sample of 1,000 American adults ages 18 and older. The margin of error for the total sample is +/-3.1% at the 95% confidence level. This means that if we were to replicate the study, we would expect to get the same results (within 3.1 percentage points) 95 times out of 100.
SOURCE LG Electronics USA, Inc.