- If they are local to you, engage them in a local-knowledge conversation (e.g. the weather, some nearby event, sports team, TV, or festival) and see if they slip up.
- If they are not local to you, ask yourself why they would want a long-distance relationship specifically with you? Do you have some particularly unusual common ground? If not, why aren't they restricting themselves to people a bit nearer to their current location?
4. Look out for words like "dear" and old-fashioned romantic language, as well as badly formed sentences.
5. Never, ever send money to anyone on a dating site, and especially avoid wiring cash.
6. Always be on the lookout for get-rich-quick schemes. If it sounds too good to be true then it probably is a scam.
ABOUT CUPID PLC
Since its formation in 2005, Cupid has established itself as the global leader in online dating, with a base of more than 54 million members in 58 countries, and revenues of £53 million in 2011. Cupid plc was listed on AIM in June 2010 (LSE AIM:CUP). The company offers a wide variety of online dating services (traditional dating, casual dating, and niche dating) that appeal to dating users of diverse ages, cultures, and social interest groups. Visit Cupid on the Web at http://www.cupidplc.com, and follow us on facebook.com/cupidfanpage and [email protected]
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prwebcupid-plc/scamalytics/prweb9868686.htm