ALTOONA, Pa. Feb. 24, 2011 Delta Delta
- Utilizing Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) data to determine referrals to appropriate therapy services;
- Management of specific areas of the comprehensive assessment that have been challenging for therapists;
- Ensuring a therapy evaluation visit provides justification for "medical necessity;"
- Ensuring therapy interventions are consistent with assessment findings;
- Documentation needed to support the level of care provided, including tips for reviewers; and
- Appropriate utilization of therapy assistants.
Keith Crownover Delta
"In the past year, the national media, the U.S. Senate Finance Committee and even the SEC have expressed concern that there is overuse or misuse of therapy, particularly the number of therapy visits and their impact on reimbursement," said Crownover. "While the homecare industry may have lacked definitive guidelines, we know it does not lack the caregivers — physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, social workers and clinical nurses — who have the expertise, passion and commitment to develop tips and strategies to insure the most effective, compassionate care. This report is living proof."
About Delta Health Technologies, LLC
Altoona, Pa. Delta Delta www.DeltaHealthTech.com
SOURCE Delta Health Technologies, LLC