NEW YORK Feb. 23, 2011 One Happy Camper program Foundation for Jewish Camp Reboot’s 2011 National Day of Unplugging Friday, March 4 Saturday, March 5
SabbathManifesto.org Avoid Technology Connect With Loved Ones Get Outside
One Happy Camper and FJC suggest parents unplug with their campers and recharge in unique and creative ways such as:
- Make s’mores in your fireplace or an outside fire pit. Nothing keeps you warmer than roasted marshmallows, and melted gooey chocolate.
- Build a Ga-Ga pit in your backyard (use picnic benches, chairs, whatever you’ve got!) and invite friends over for a tournament!
- Can’t be outside? Organize a board game "color war": Divide friends and family in teams and face-off over the course of the Sabbath.
- Plan a household scavenger hunt for the signs of summer: bathing suits, bug juice, flip-flops, sunscreen, and more!
- Participate in a local park clean-up. Beautify the outdoors near your home.
- Write letters to far-away friends and family members. Everyone is excited to receive mail from someone they love.
- Break out some supplies and do arts & crafts projects! Try making lanyard key chains and clay Shabbat candleholders!
Jeremy J. Fingerman
For additional information about the Foundation for Jewish Camp, please visit: www.jewishcamp.org .
For additional information a bout Reboot , please visit: www.rebooters.net .
SOURCE Foundation for Jewish Camp