Improvements Extend Support to 70 Additional Smart Phones and Tablets; Strengthen Security Compliance; Enable Faster Deployment
TORONTO Feb. 18 Diversinet Corp. ®
"Our enhanced offering also enables healthcare organizations to easily achieve HIPAA compliance, as well as more easily and quickly meet ‘meaningful use’ criteria."
Relying on patented technology, Diversinet offers a single platform supporting multiple applications that help healthcare payers and providers and their users take advantage of the boom in mobile communications to advance healthcare reform by improving service while reducing costs.
Applications encompass case and disease management; storing, accessing and exchanging personal health records; scheduling medical visits and treatments; and reminding patients to take medications and keep appointments.
The upgrade affects the recently renamed MobiSecure Publisher (formerly MobiSecure Wallet and MobiSecure Vault), which facilitates secure, two-way communications and convenient information storage and access, as well as MobiSecure SMS, a handset client that supports secure text-message-based communications.
MobiSecure Publisher now supports 70 additional models of tablets and smart phones, including the latest releases of the Apple iOS and Android-based platforms, as well as BlackBerry and Windows Mobile devices. It interoperates with all major mobile and tablet platforms, including Apple, Google, RIM, Microsoft and Java.
Additionally, Diversinet introduced more than 50 new MobiSecure Publisher features and improvements, including:
- Confirmation of delivery, which assures providers that patients have received appointment reminders, thus reducing costs and liability related to missed appointments
- Archiving of user data changes, including storage of information from multiple sources for audit purposes
- Web portals for healthcare providers and patients, enabling Diversinet’s customers to rapidly deploy its products
- An enhanced administration Web interface, which provides simple, quick customization of preferences and data
- Enrichment of the mobile user interface (UI), including addition of counters, image formatting, a virtual keyboard and RSS feeds
Upgrades to MobiSecure SMS include:
- Provider and patient Web portals, enabling Diversinet’s customers to quickly implement its products
- Automatic software update detection and download, using patented technology
- A secure address book for mobile users
Feb. 20-24 Orange County Orlando, Fla.
The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and Canadian securities laws provide a "safe harbour" for forward-looking statements. Certain information included in this press release (as well as information included in oral statements or other written statements made or to be made by the company) contains statements that are forward-looking, such as statements relating to the success of current product offerings. Such forward-looking information involves important risks and uncertainties that could significantly affect anticipated results in the future and, accordingly, such results may differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements made by or on behalf of the company. For a description of additional risks and uncertainties, please refer to the company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission available at www.sec.gov nd Canadian securities regulatory authorities available at www.sedar.com .
The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
MobiSecure is a registered trademark of Diversinet Corp.
SOURCE Diversinet Corp.