CHESTER, England April 24, 2012
- Selecting a higher voluntary excess on your car insurance may cost motorists more in the long term, warns MoneySupermarket
[ 1 ]
Peter Harrison MoneySupermarket , said:
willing to pay
"Our research also shows that increasing the excess levels on motor insurance, in some cases, can have a minimal impact on prices. For example, the difference between the average car insurance price for a policy with a £200 excess and one with a £400 excess was just £25; so someone looking for car insurance needs to consider whether the short term savings are worth potential higher costs in the future, should you make a claim."
Notes to editors:
1. Cost of a car insurance premium
Premium Premium Premium Premium Premium Premium Premium Excess Excess Excess Excess Excess Excess Excess GBP0 GBP100 GBP200 GBP250 GBP300 GBP400 GBP500 1 GBP512.83 GBP437.47 GBP408.98 GBP391.98 GBP387.91 GBP365.93 GBP348.91 2 GBP534.50 GBP451.92 GBP415.60 GBP413.50 GBP413.03 GBP393.92 GBP376.90 3 GBP581.94 GBP479.91 GBP436.97 GBP419.97 GBP415.90 GBP410.85 GBP408.62 4 GBP589.59 GBP529.93 GBP493.07 GBP482.60 GBP473.46 GBP466.52 GBP460.45 5 GBP604.50 GBP545.11 GBP507.97 GBP497.50 GBP488.36 GBP481.42 GBP475.36 6 GBP632.43 GBP549.20 GBP517.85 GBP515.22 GBP510.49 GBP503.19 GBP496.83 7 GBP642.36 GBP550.14 GBP525.36 GBP519.26 GBP514.77 GBP510.92 GBP497.14 8 GBP648.87 GBP564.10 GBP531.07 GBP520.08 GBP516.22 GBP512.04 GBP509.28 9 GBP805.60 GBP590.02 GBP537.42 GBP530.00 GBP522.58 GBP513.17 GBP510.12 10 GBP976.26 GBP606.32 GBP592.54 GBP584.06 GBP575.58 GBP563.92 GBP548.02 Average GBP652.89 GBP530.41 GBP496.68 GBP487.42 GBP481.83 GBP472.19 GBP463.16
MoneySupermarket.com ‘ s top tips for getting a cheaper car insurance quote:
- Fit an alarm:
- Use a ‘ black box ‘
- Change your excess:
- Check your mileage:
- Minimise your optional extras:
- Be careful where you park:
- Add a partner or parent to your policy:
- Opt for smaller engine sized car:
MoneySupermarket.com’s customer commitment
- No other site compares more prices or products
- We are independent so only find the best deals for you
- The price you see is the price you pay – you don’t need to go direct and you won’t get a better deal doing so
- Your details are safe with us and we won’t sell them to anybody
th March 2012
- 98 car insurance providers and 81 home insurance providers
- 11 broadband providers and 18 energy providers
- 31 unsecured loan and 5 secured loan providers
- 62 mortgage lenders and 28 credit card providers
- 67 savings providers and 37 current account providers.
- Over 1,750,000 mobile phone deals
We promise to be clear and impartial
- All the products in our full search results tables are displayed in a completely unbiased manner.
- We don’t add fees or commissions on to the prices we compare.
- There may be times when another site compares more companies than us on a particular product, perhaps because of market changes or technical issues. You’ll be able to see this and know we are working hard to fix it.
We promise to be trustworthy
- We never use your data to make unwanted sales calls or send you spam.
- We never pass your personal information to third parties unless you give us permission to do so.
- Even if you choose to receive additional information from us, you can opt out at any time.
- We promise to be supportive.
- You can use our community forum to get information and help from other customers.
If you need further help or support, you can contact our sales advisors or customer services agents.
For further information, please contact: