CHESTER, England July 18, 2011
A Conviction for "Driving Without due Care and Attention" Increases Motor Insurance Premiums by up to 27 per Cent
Changing Music, Eating and Drinking While Driving Among Worst Habits Behind the Wheel
[ 1 ]
- Changing stations on the radio/changing a CD (61 per cent)
- Eating and drinking (51 per cent)
- Taking mobile phone calls (23 per cent)
Peter Harrison car insurance expert at moneysupermarket.com said:
[ 2 ]
Peter Harrison continued:
Notes to Editors:
*Number of CD10 Convictions in 2010 – 16,485 *£202.56
[ 1 ] May 28 – 31 2011
[ Driving Distractions by type ]
Percentage of Driving Distraction motorists [Changed stations on the radio/changed CD/ changed music on my IPOD] [61%] [Had a drink] [51%] [Eaten a snack] [51%] [Taken/made calls on a non hands-free mobile phone] [23%] [Slowed down to watch accidents] [21%] [Sent text messages on a mobile phone] [16%] [Not used your seatbelt] [15%] [Fallen asleep/dozed] [5%] [Applied aftershave/perfume/lipstick/make-up] [5%] [Updated my profile/been on facebook via my mobile phone/smart phone] [2%] [Tweeted via my mobile phone/smart phone] [1%]
[ 2 ] Motor insurance premiums for a clean licence vs. a CD10 conviction code:
Licence with a CD10 Provider Clean Licence conviction AXA GBP603.53 GBP1,006.12 Swiftcover GBP640.98 GBP806.95 Privilege GBP699.60 GBP1,019.72 LV= GBP720.49 N/A esure GBP777.16 N/A Churchill GBP867.08 GBP1,239.14 Endsleigh GBP883.08 GBP1,525.87 Average GBP741.70 GBP944.26
th June 2011
- 102 car insurance providers and 77 home insurance providers
- 13 broadband providers and 19 energy providers
- 28 unsecured loan and 5 secured loan providers
- 65 mortgage lenders and 31 credit card providers
- 68 savings providers and 33 current account providers.
- Over 750,000 mobile phone deals
We promise to be clear and impartial
- All the products in our full search results tables are displayed in a completely unbiased manner.
- We don’t add fees or commissions on to the prices we compare.
- There may be times when another site compares more companies than us on a particular product, perhaps because of market changes or technical issues. You’ll be able to see this and know we are working hard to fix it.
We promise to be trustworthy
- We never use your data to make unwanted sales calls or send you spam.
- We never pass your personal information to third parties unless you give us permission to do so.
- Even if you choose to receive additional information from us, you can opt out at any time.
- We promise to be supportive.
- You can use our community forum to get information and help from other customers.
If you need further help or support, you can contact our sales advisors, customer services agents.
For further information, please contact: