- An accelerator to be able to add a Project Note directly from the timesheet that will contribute to the Project Bulletin Board.
- Direct access to open the task details dialog to update Task Descriptions or other attributes such as % Complete (as allowed by permissions).
These additional accelerators should make entering time and updating tasks even more efficient.
Adjusting a user’s preferences and the layout of the My Eclipse homepage has been enhanced with the ability to drag and resize the panels, rather than going into the configuration pop up. Additionally, access to additional “quick filters” on the Task Panel has been added to help narrow in to context-specific tasks that are part of a user’s search. Examples include “Milestones?”, “On Schedule”, “Overdue”, “Complete” or “Incomplete”.
Resource Administrators will now be able to define default preferences for users or user groups. These preferences include all of the options available in a user’s “My Preferences” screen as well as My Eclipse settings.
Data Integration – Data Consumer APIs:
Eclipse PPM integration services provide secure, standards-based services (APIs) enabling organizations to “pull” data from Eclipse PPM for use in applications, data warehouses or custom reporting solutions. Eclipse PPM v5.3 now includes Task (schedule) data accessible using Saved Searches or as an option to include Task information as part of the Project(s) Service. Additionally, the Task collection on projects can be filtered specifically for Milestones. The Integration Services now provide access to Projects, Issues, Risks and Tasks.
Resource Management Dashboard:
Continued performance tuning has increased the responsiveness of the data-intensive resource management dashboard.
Additional Enhancements Include:
- A Notes Ad Hoc Report feature has been added. This supports the use of Notes Advanced Searches and the ability to extract and report on any notes fields across the portfolio.
- The Report options on the Portfolio Summary Dashboard (Data View) now include the Executive Summary Report in addition to the Portfolio Summary Extract report. When running either report the projects being viewed in the dashboard are automatically included in the report options.
- Generic Resource Types have been added as options to the Resource Histogram data on the Portfolio Summary Dashboard – Timeline View, to highlight the impact of generic demand on aggregate resource capacity. Including Generic Resource Types adds demand to the allocation, but does not add capacity to your selection of named resources, thus highlighting the impact of including relevant demand to your resource picture.
- Generic Resource Types have been added as options to the Resource Extract and Resource Histogram reports.
- The Report options on the Resource Management Dashboard now include the Resource Extract Report in addition to the Resource Histogram Report. When running either report the projects, resources and generic resource types being viewed in the dashboard, along with the timelines, are automatically included in the report options.
- The Report options from the Project Reports menu now include the Resource Extract Report. When running this report from a Project, resources and generic resource types identified on the project (using the Project Resources and the Resources on the Current Schedule), along with the timelines from the project, are automatically included in the report options. A quick way to get resource and task data ready for analysis for any specific project.
- The Project Owner and Organization Owner fields have been added to the data dimensions included in the Resource Extract Report.
- Report options will now be retained as part of user preferences. This means that each time a user accesses a particular report, the options previously selected for that specific report will be retained.
About Solution Q Inc.
Solution Q is a leading provider of Project Portfolio Management software and services. Eclipse PPM Software provides real-time visibility, accountability, and a single location for all project information. With its easy implementation, navigation, and functionality, Eclipse PPM strikes a balance between executive information requirements and ease-of-use.
Contact – Ally Tutkaluk
Marketing Coordinator, Solution Q Inc
416 385 0774
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/3/prweb9343178.htm