Edudemic has released the 2015 Online College Report, a guide for students that ranks the best online colleges and universities in each state.
(PRWEB) November 11, 2014
Traditional universities have embraced online education. It’s no longer the territory of for-profit universities with dubious track records. There are now 37 universities in California that offer some type of degree online. Edudemic evaluated and ranked these schools to understand the best online degree programs in California. These individual state rankings are part of Edudemic’s 2015 Online College Report.
The #1 online college in California is California State University – Chico, a large public school with a low tuition rate. They secured the top ranking in the state due to high graduation and retention rates, creative ways to deliver career services to online students, and a strong national reputation.
But not all of our top schools are big public universities. Hope International University (#2), National University (#3), and California Baptist University (#5) all scored very well, despite being private schools with comparatively higher tuition rates. This is due to the wide variety of online degree programs that they offer, as well as strong financial aid programs.
Online Education Defined
Many universities offer some kind of coursework online. But there is a difference between offering a couple of classes online and preparing a traditional university to handle the needs of online-only students. That’s why Edudemic only looked at schools that offer at least four, 100% fully online Bachelors degrees. No lines at the bookstore. No late nights at the library. No campus visits, ever.
The Best Online Schools in California
Out of all the schools in California, Edudemic took a close look at 13 universities that offer at least four Bachelors degrees online. Data was originally sourced from the National Center of Education Statistics (NCES). The Edudemic methodology incorporated performance measurements (like graduation and retention rates), cost factors (like in-state tuition and financial aid packages), career services specifically for online students, availability of information on their website, and much more. They verified all of the online degree programs, career service support, and financial aid services through written surveys, phone calls, and external research. Between written surveys, follow up phone calls, and additional research, Edudemic has compiled the most comprehensive evaluation of online education in California to date.
The Best Online Schools in California in 2015 is published at:
For questions and comments regarding this report, contact Kyle Dunning: kyle(at)edudemic(dot)com.
Here are the results of their ranking:
1. California State University-Chico
2. Hope International University
3. National University
4. California State University-East Bay
5. California Baptist University
6. Touro University Worldwide
7. California College San Diego
8. Brandman University
9. Golden Gate University-San Francisco
10. Antioch University-Los Angeles
11. Loma Linda University
12. Horizon University
13. California State University-Dominguez Hills
14. John F Kennedy University
15. San Diego Christian College
16. University of La Verne
17. California State University-Fullerton
18. California State University-Northridge
19. Concordia University-Irvine
20. Humboldt State University
21. Pacific Oaks College
22. World Mission University
23. Simpson University
24. Azusa Pacific Online University
25. Bethesda University of California
26. California Lutheran University
27. California State University-Channel Islands
28. California State University-Monterey Bay
29. California State University-Sacramento
30. California State University-San Bernardino
31. Fresno Pacific University
32. Palo Alto University
33. Shasta Bible College and Graduate School
34. Vanguard University of Southern California
35. The Chicago School of Professional Psychology at Irvine
36. Southern California Seminary
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/11/prweb12319602.htm