LAS VEGAS May 21, 2012 EMC WORLD
- EMC® unveils plans for the next generation of EMC Isilon® OneFS® scale-out NAS operating system, code named "Mavericks," which will enable enterprises to manage rapidly growing unstructured data more effectively, thereby accelerating their businesses.
- The unveiling of Mavericks continues Isilon’s scale-out NAS market momentum and further extends the unmatched scalability and efficiency of OneFS across a broader range of enterprise applications and IT infrastructure environments.
- Enhanced integration with VMware by leveraging VMware’s VAAI and VASA APIs to accelerate and simplify scale-out NAS for virtualization.
- A 25% increase to Isilon’s already industry-leading single file system throughput, significantly improving performance for large-scale enterprise applications.
- Dramatically improved caching capability to reduce average latency by 50% for I/O intensive applications.
- New data protection and security features that deliver increased availability and help enterprises meet stringent regulatory compliance requirements.
- Accelerated disaster recovery and business continuity at scale with integrated, push-button failover and failback capabilities.
Follow EMC World Online :
- Online: www.emcworld.com
- EMC Community Network: https://community.emc.com/community/connect
- Twitter: @EMCWorld @EMCCorp
- Facebook: EMC on Facebook
- Flickr: Flickr
Isilon scale-out NAS solutions have long set the standard for addressing the challenges of managing large, rapidly growing file-based and unstructured data environments for organizations in data-intensive industries including media and entertainment, life sciences and energy exploration. "Mavericks" is designed to extend those advantages to mainstream enterprises now contending with the challenges of managing their own rapidly growing unstructured data across large-scale home directories, files shares, archives, virtualization and business analytics. In addition to Isilon’s proven ability to provide massively scalable, highly efficient storage that is simple to manage, "Mavericks" will incorporate new data protection and security tools and increased levels of performance and interoperability that enterprises can use to gain a further competitive edge while meeting essential large-scale corporate IT requirements.
New Enterprise Customer Benefits:
- Improved Security
- Increased Availability
- Accelerated Performance
- Greater Interoperability
Ben jamin Woo , Program Vice President, Worldwide Storage System , IDC
"A major factor that sets Isilon apart in this era of Big Data is its interoperability with a wide array of applications delivered through a range of industry standard protocols. Isilon recently enhanced this capability to include native integration with Hadoop. With OneFS ‘Mavericks,’ Isilon is again raising the bar on interoperability with enhanced integration with VMware and a new platform API that provides additional options to enterprises to integrate and manage Isilon storage systems with third-party applications. With its expanded security features, including SEC 17a-4 compliance, OneFS ‘Mavericks’ is addressing another vital need of enterprise customers. Innovations like these strongly position Isilon scale-out NAS to help enterprises successfully address the challenges of Big Data."
Ter ri McClure, Senior Analyst, ESG
"The two worlds of Big Data and enterprise IT are converging, creating new opportunities for enterprises to develop new products and services and accelerate the growth of their businesses. To achieve this, enterprises need a highly scalable infrastructure that provides both the capacity and performance to keep pace with ever-growing business demands. EMC Isilon pioneered the delivery of scale-out NAS to address these needs. With OneFS ‘Mavericks,’ Isilon is building on that leadership by providing increased levels of data protection and performance to meet the still emerging business requirements in this new world of Big Data in the enterprise."
EMC Executive Quotes:
Sujal Patel Co-founder and President, EMC Isilon
EMC Isilon OneFS "Mavericks" will be available for customers later this year.
the United States
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (iv) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (v) component and product quality and availability; (vi) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.’s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vii) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (viii) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (ix) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xii) threats and other disruptions to our secure data centers or networks; (xiii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (xiv) war or acts of terrorism; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation