NEW YORK Jan. 18, 2011
- VNX series
- VNXe series $10,000
- The highly scalable VNX series delivers 3-times simpler management, 3-times better efficiency, and 3-times more performance and than current EMC midrange storage systems. With the EMC FAST (Fully Automated Storage Tiering) Suite, including FAST VP (Virtual Pools) and FAST Cache, the VNX series offers superior performance, capacity optimization, and comprehensive storage management functionality, while exploiting the benefits of Solid State Drives (SSD). The systems dramatically simplify the deployment and management of virtualized applications, including Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server and Microsoft Exchange Server, VMware View virtual desktops, and Oracle databases.
For the multimedia version of this press release and related content, please go to: http://www.emc.com/about/news/press/2011/20110118-05.htm
- Provision storage in for hundreds of Microsoft Exchange Server mailboxes, or a 1TB VMware data store, in less-than 2 minutes.
- Automatically double storage capacity utilization using advanced data reduction technologies.
- Provide automated diagnosis, service, and technical support information in a single click.
The new VNX series provides 3-times simpler management, 3-times the efficiency, and 3-times the performance than current EMC midrange storage systems, enabling customers to:
- Run Microsoft SQL Server 3-times faster.
- Run Oracle OLTP 3-times faster.
- Boot 500 virtual desktops in 8-minutes.
- Reduce Microsoft SQL Server administration and tuning chores by hours per week.
- Improve capacity efficiency up to 3-times with the EMC FAST Suite, compression and file deduplication.
Both the VNXe series and VNX series are managed by EMC Unisphere®, a centralized and simple interface. The VNXe systems are designed for IT professionals with little storage expertise. Its unique wizard-based setup and application-centric provisioning enables customers to configure storage for 500 Exchange mailboxes—or 1TB of VMware data stores—in just a few minutes. For small and medium-sized businesses, Unisphere application driven wizards make VNXe simple to install, simple to provision and simple to manage—with instant access to a self-service online community.
VNXe Series Product Highlights
- Powerful application-based provisioning wizards for breakthrough simplicity, including support for Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Compact 2U and 3U packaging fits almost any environment.
- Built-in support for file-based (CIFS, NFS) and block-based (iSCSI) storage.
- No single-point-of-failure design.
- Built-in data protection, including replication.
- Advanced efficiency features including thin provisioning, file deduplication and compression.
- Integrated self-help and support infrastructure automates and speeds problem resolution.
- Advanced 6Gbps high performance SAS and Nearline SAS drive for high capacity support.
- Scalable up to 120 disk drives (240 TB).
VNX Series Product Highlights
- Combines the market-leading capabilities of EMC CLARiiON and EMC Celerra into a single, unified platform—with 3-times the performance of previous generations.
- Based on Intel® Xeon® 5600 multicore processor technology to maximize solution throughput and bandwidth.
- Industry’s most advanced automated storage tiering (FAST VP).
- Only storage solution offering both automated file and block sub-LUN tiering using FAST VP and powerful, extendable system cache with FAST Cache
- Supports 6Gbps SAS, Nearline SAS and SSD drive types.
- Scales up-to 2 PB per system (1000 drives).
- Support for multiple protocols and data-types including: FC, iSCSI, FCoE, NFS, CIFS, SOAP, REST.
- Integrated data protection, security and compliance.
Industry Analyst Quote:
"IT organizations are under extreme pressure to reduce costs and deliver, more efficient IT services. In addition, the expectation for simpler IT is at an all-time high and is dissolving traditional silos at larger companies. Meanwhile, small and mid-sized organizations are facing similar pressures but with fewer in-house skills. Our financial models show that by bringing together CLARiiON and Celerra, EMC’s VNX series will allow practitioners to reduce costs and accelerate IT delivery; while the VNXe series will enable small and mid-sized organizations to essentially deliver IT as a service without specialized storage skill sets."
City of Safford City of Safford
Derek Kruger City of Safford Arizona
Australia Asia InfoPlex
Jules Thomas PITT OHIO
Sweden Stena Metall Europe Stena Metall
Wake County North Carolina
Vass Johnson Wake County
EMC Executive Quote:
The VNX family is orderable today and will be available in the first quarter of 2011 worldwide from EMC and EMC Velocity channel partners.
the United States
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (iv) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (v) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.’s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vi) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (vii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (viii) component and product quality and availability; (ix) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) war or acts of terrorism; (xii) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xiii) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xiv) litigation that we may be involved in; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation