LAS VEGAS May 21, 2012 EMC WORLD
- New enhancements to EMC® VPLEX™ operating environment delivers 40% more performance and 2X the scalability than the previous release.
- New VPLEX integration with VMware™ vSphere® Storage APIs for Storage Awareness (VASA) and VMware vSphere Storage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI).
- Hybrid Cloud
- see news release (see news release
Follow EMC World Online:
- Online: www.emcworld.com
- EMC Community Network: https://community.emc.com/community/connect
- Twitter: @EMCWorld @EMCCorp @EMCVPLEX @EMCRecoverPoint
- Facebook: EMC on Facebook EMC VPLEX EMC RecoverPoint
- Flickr: Flickr
With 40% more performance, new performance monitoring and 2X the scale of previous versions, EMC VPLEX delivers customers mobility, availability and collaboration to be deployed to an even greater number of IT environments—including VMware vSphere and Oracle RAC. VPLEX distributed virtual storage simplifies virtual environments, by enabling the same data to be accessible simultaneously across virtual servers. These new VPLEX features enable VPLEX virtual storage to be managed directly from VMware vSphere further streamlining management in virtual environments.
As customers increasingly take advantage of the flexibility and choice to store and serve information with a Hybrid Cloud, these new EMC VPLEX and RecoverPoint capabilities combine to deliver the mobility, availability and data protection required to transform their IT environments to take advantage of the Hybrid Cloud.
VPLEX can now deliver customers new levels of:
- RecoverPoint now protects the entire EMC storage portfolio including the VMAX Family, the VNX Series and VPLEX (Local and Metro)—with protection. Customers can now leverage RecoverPoint’s continuous data protection capabilities with VPLEX to provide copies of their production data for fast, efficient, and up-to-the-second recovery in the event of a data corruption issue. Customers can also leverage RecoverPoint continuous local replication and continuous remote replication to protect their data from site disasters.
- data mobility
- data protection
- VPLEX now delivers up to 40% more performance on currently-deployed platforms—without requiring any additional investment in hardware, and 2X the scale with the ability to support up to 1,600 host initiators per VPLEX configuration.
- Recently certified support for Oracle RAC enables multi-site active/active RAC deployments over up to 100 Kilometers, maintaining full synchronization and continuous operations in the event of a site failure.
- EMC Unisphere simplifies management with an intuitive user interface, which now supports EMC’s complete storage portfolio including EMC VMAX Family, VPLEX, and the EMC VNX Family. Unisphere for VPLEX provides customers with the same EMC-standard look and feel. It provides a way to simplify, normalize, and consolidate EMC’s management tools to make it easier for our customers to management their environments.
"EMC remains years ahead of the industry with VPLEX’s ability to deliver true active/active data center capabilities. EMC created a new market in 2010 with the introduction of VPLEX. Today we’re extending EMC’s trusted disaster recovery and data protection solutions to active/active data centers—thereby maximizing data availability and protection. EMC is enabling customers to think differently about how they share their data—eliminating former data center boundaries."
the United States the United States .
SOURCE EMC Corporation