CLOSTER, N.J. July 13, 2011
Ericom AccessNow provides browser-based access to applications and desktops running on Windows Terminal Services / RDS, and VDI platforms on Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware and other hypervisors. AccessNow runs entirely within a browser and works natively with Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer (with Chrome Frame plug-in), Firefox and any other browser with HTML5 and WebSockets support. The solution does not require Java, Flash, Silverlight or any other underlying technology installed on the end-user device.
Additional details on Ericom AccessNow:
- Supports client devices running Windows, Linux, Mac, Chrome OS (HTML5 client is the only way to support Google’s Chrome OS and Chromebooks) and any other OS
- Runs as pure HTML on netbooks, desktops, laptops and thin clients, and supports Intel x86, ARM or any other CPU architecture
- Can also work via Ericom’s Secure Gateway when clients are outside the firewall
- IT staff does not have to manage or maintain separate product versions and updates for multiple clients (end-point operating systems); an HTML5 browser is all that is required.
- AccessNow also enables companies with BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) policies to continue leveraging the Microsoft RDS platform
In June, Ericom also announced the general availability of Ericom AccessNow™ for VMware View™, the market’s first HTML5 RDP client for VMware View virtual desktops. Today’s announcement addresses the release of Ericom AccessNow, the second generally available product among a family of HTML5 RDP client products.
India China http://www.ericom.com
Copyright ® 1999-2011 Ericom Software Ltd. Ericom is a registered trademark, and AccessNow is a trademark, of Ericom Software Ltd. Other company and brand, and product and service names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
SOURCE Ericom Software