NEW YORK Jan. 18, 2011 New York City April 19th, 2011
Europe Joana Vicente
London Liz Rosenthal
The IFP/Power to the Pixel Cross-Media Forum will consist of a conference, cross-media project presentations, as well as numerous networking opportunities allowing content creators and funders to directly connect.
- The Conference will focus on introducing U.S. audiences to leading thinkers, practitioners and innovators who develop new business and creative opportunities for film, media and new technologies. A mixture of keynotes and case studies will give in-depth insight to the myriad of opportunities available to them to develop, create and fund cross-media projects.
- Project presentations will give producers and storytellers with cross-media projects – those that span a combination of film, TV, online, mobile, gaming and live events – the opportunity to pitch to esteemed industry leaders who can potentially help develop, finance or support their work– and take their projects to the next level.
- With a variety of networking events open exclusively to audience members, speakers, and project producers, the Forum offers the perfect opportunity for everyone attending to meet the innovators and icons working in the cross-media landscape.
March 2011 March 19th
Founded as a satellite program of the 1979 New York Film Festival, the non-profit IFP has evolved into the nation’s oldest and largest organization of independent filmmakers, and also the premier advocate for them. Since its start, IFP has supported the production of 7,000 films and provided resources to more than 20,000 filmmakers–voices that otherwise might not have been heard. IFP believes that independent films enrich the universal language of cinema, seeding the global culture with new ideas, kindling awareness, and fostering activism.
New York City
About Power to the Pixel
London Liz Rosenthal Tishna Molla
Specializing in new ways for content creators and businesses to create and finance stories and engage with audiences across multiple platforms, Power to the Pixel’s core activities are:
- Providing consultancy to international media organizations, content creators and companies
- Designing innovative in-house company training programs and bespoke initiatives
- Producing international forums, events and labs centered around cross-media IP and business
- Facilitating the exchange of ideas and the building of international partnerships between media professionals and between industries
This understanding of the challenges and opportunities of digital change means Power to the Pixel is an essential bridge between the visionary, the pioneering and the practical.
Berlin Cannes Edinburgh
For more information: www.powertothepixel.com / www.thepixelreport.org
Contact: Tishna Molla +44 (0)20 7453 4017 / [email protected]
For additional information please contact:
Marian Koltai-Levine – [email protected] – 212-373-6130
Freida Orange – [email protected] – 212-373-0114