New, Free App Offers 100 Recipes and Nutrition Tips from Top Food Bloggers
WATSONVILLE, Calif. Feb. 9, 2011
The "Strawberries" app, previously available only to iPhone and iPod users, became wildly popular after being named an Apple "staff favorite" in iTunes. Now available to Android users, the recipes demonstrate the versatility of strawberries for both sweet and savory dishes. The app features mom and kid-friendly recipes like Strawberry Yogurt Smoothies, main courses like Pork Tenderloin with Strawberry Mango Salsa, and sweet, mouth-watering desserts including Berrylicious Sour Cream Pie and Chocolate Ganache Tart with Strawberries and Meringue.
"Strawberries are a delicious superfruit that supply essential nutrients to help keep families healthy," said Dave Grotto, RD, author of 101 Optimal Life Foods. "This strawberry recipe app is a simple way to inspire new and healthy dishes for the whole family to enjoy year round."
The California Strawberry Commission aims to provide leading nutritional information to consumers, while offering easy yet innovative ways to incorporate this naturally sweet fruit into the whole family’s daily diet.
- More than 100 recipes, categorized by dish type
- Dozens of "kid-friendly" recipes
- Shopping lists at your fingertips
- Bonus tips from acclaimed dietitians, including author Dave Grotto
- Ability to easily share recipes and tips
- Links to top food bloggers
- Complete recipes and dish photos
Connect with California Strawberries
- California www.facebook.com/castrawberries
- California www.californiastrawberries.com
About the California Strawberry Commission
SOURCE California Strawberry Commission