EL SEGUNDO, Calif. Feb. 16, 2011 Oceanside, California
San Dimas (Opening February 23)
In addition to Fresh & Easy’s efforts to reduce refrigerant emissions, the company also stresses energy efficiency. Energy efficient characteristics of the company’s refrigeration units include:
- Energy efficient doors on freezer and dairy cases
- Triple-pane glass with an anti-fog coating on refrigerator doors, eliminating the need for door heaters for icing or fogging
- Night curtains on refrigerators to conserve energy while keeping product at the appropriate temperature when stores are closed
- LED lighting in all chilled cases
About Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market
California Arizona Nevada
In addition to using advanced refrigeration and freezer units, Fresh & Easy uses LED lighting in external signs and freezer cases and offers customer recycling in every store. The company also recycles or reuses all of its display packaging, sending the majority back to its distribution center’s on-site recycling facility.
Riverside, CA $13 million California
EPA’s GreenChill Partnership works with food retailers to reduce refrigerant emissions and decrease their impact on the ozone layer and climate change. Under the agreement with the EPA, Fresh & Easy works to achieve to the following:
- Transition to refrigerants that have a lower environmental impact;
- Lower refrigerant charge sizes and eliminate leaks; and
- Adopt green refrigeration technologies, strategies, and practices.
SOURCE Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market