- Central repository to manage application portfolio. AppRx provides a cloud-based repository where companies can maintain their application inventory and store their install files. Authorized stakeholders can access, update and review the list and files with ease. They can also leverage various reports and views to rationalize applications and eliminate redundancy.
- Determine current state. AppRx Currency Analysis enables organizations to quickly determine if applications are out-of-date or unsupported. Details are also provided for the platforms on which the application is certified to run. Users can run reports to assess application certification by platform as well as the potential for application upgrade.
- Assess risk. Out-of-date and unsupported applications can present significant risk for an organization. With AppRx, companies can determine their overall risk levels based on application ‘age’, support status and upgradability. Risk can be assessed by department, line of business, user groups or even business critical applications.
- Monitor and manage applications on an ongoing basis. AppRx provides ongoing monitoring of application currency to ensure applications are kept up-to-date, supported and adaptive to on-going IT change. The platform automatically tracks new application version releases, end of support and changes in risk profile. As a result, it relieves IT departments from the time-consuming and costly effort of manually reviewing application currency. Furthermore, it enables them to be proactive in assessing the impact of change and determining the best course of action to mitigate risk.
- Communicate risk exposure to senior management and application owners. AppRx offers a variety of reports, graphs and data that can be viewed in, and exported from, the platform.
- SaaS solution. As a SaaS solution, AppRx does not require any end-user hardware or software infrastructure or the associated maintenance or support costs. The platform is also extremely easy to use.
AppRx dramatically reduces the time, cost and risk of on-going application portfolio management. Additionally, it frees up IT resources to focus on more strategic activities, while providing peace of mind that application portfolio currency is being closely monitored.
AppRx also provides automated testing of applications for migration to Windows 7, Server 2008, or App-V & XenApp virtualization platforms. The solution examines each application to determine if a vendor upgrade is available, if the application is compatible with the target platform ‘as is’, or if / what remediation is possible to enable it to run. AppRx can test the impact on applications of patches, service packs and software upgrades before rolling them out.
Start managing your application currency today using AppRx. For a free trial, please visit http://www.futurestateit.com/free-trial/
Additional ways to contact Futurestate IT:
- Contact page on website: http://www.futurestateit.com/contact-us/
- Twitter: @futurestateit
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FuturestateIT
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/futurestate-it
- Resource center: http://www.futurestateit.com/resource-center/
- News & Events: http://www.futurestateit.com/news-events/
About Futurestate IT
Recently selected by IDC as one of 10 Canadian Cloud Companies to Watch, Futurestate IT offers AppRx, the automated Cloud-based Application Currency Management Platform™ that enables companies to rapidly assess, migrate and monitor applications to ensure they are current and compatible with the IT environment. AppRx dramatically reduces the time, cost and risk of application migration projects (i.e. Windows 7) as well as on-going application portfolio management. Futurestate IT is a Microsoft partner and offers its AppRx solution via resellers and system integrators. Futurestate IT is a privately held company headquartered in Toronto, Canada. For more information, visit http://www.futurestateit.com.
Futurestate IT and AppRx are trademarks of Futurestate IT Inc.
For more information:
Director of Marketing
Futurestate IT Inc.
# # #
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2012/1/prweb9122199.htm