CLEARWATER, Fla. April 19, 2012 National Stress Awareness Month April 1
Key findings from the survey include:
- Nearly 70% of all IT administrators surveyed consider their job stressful.
- Greater than 67% of IT administrators consider switching careers on either an occasional (43%) or regular (25%) basis due to job stress.
- 72% of respondents consider themselves either just as stressed as or the most stressed compared to others in their social circle.
- While less than half (47%) of IT admins at companies with between 10 and 49 employees say their jobs are stressful, that number skyrockets to 83% when those at companies with between 50 and 99 employees are polled, representing the most stressed group in the respondent base.
- The top three sources of stress for IT admins are: management (28%), tight deadlines (20%) and the users they support (18%).
- IT admins in the Northeast are the most stressed in the country (74%). Midwesterners are the least stressed, with nearly two-thirds (64%) still saying their job is stressful.
In addition to the stressors themselves, IT admins also noted that they routinely put in many overtime hours beyond the traditional 40-hour work week. More than one in three (36%) say they work eight hours or more of overtime during an average week, which adds up to nearly 10 extra weeks per year.
- Lost sleep over work (42%)
- Missed out on social functions (40%)
- Missed time with their kids (39%)
- Canceled commitments to friends and family due to work (35%)
Additionally, many respondents say their job has even affected their health:
- Nearly one in four (22%) say they don’t feel great physically
- 20% say they have experienced stress-related health issues such as high blood pressure
Phil Bousfield tools
A copy of the full survey results is available upon request.
the United States Austria Australia Malta Hong Kong Philippines Romania
Brian Alberti email@example.com
Copyright © 2012 GFI Software. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. To the best of our knowledge, all details were correct at the time of publishing; this information is subject to change without notice
SOURCE GFI Software