LOUISVILLE, Colo. May 21, 2012
Managing the multitude of products, supplies and contracts in the supply chain is complex and time consuming. Provider Intelligence uses interactive graphs and charting tools to visually represent key performance indicators (KPIs), enabling providers to better prioritize supply chain efforts and initiatives for increased utilization and cost savings. Without this data, it’s difficult for organizations to set performance goals, benchmark against peers, and assess where efforts are being wasted or money is being lost.
Based on client-configurable KPIs, Provider Intelligence assembles a healthcare organization’s data and delivers it via graphs and charts through GHX My Exchange, the common platform where more than 4,000 providers transact and access their data. Providers can view performance over time, making it easier to identify trends and enabling providers to set relevant targets for their organizations, whether a single hospital or a large multi-hospital system.
John Martin March 2011
Provider Intelligence allows organizations to measure, track and set goals based on the following:
- e-Commerce growth for the purchase order cycle
- Accounts payable automation through benchmarking and setting targets for electronic invoice trading partners
- Trading partner efficiencies by tracking e-Commerce exceptions (backorders, quantity, rejected, on hold, contract price, unit price, UOM, part number, not on PO and not on POA, recurring exceptions) with benchmarks and peer group experiences
- Contract utilization
- Off-contract spending in product areas with highest impact
- Product standardization opportunities through item classification
- Market pulse to track and be informed regarding the newest products entering the supply chain
- Productivity benchmarking within accounts payable and purchasing regarding lines processed and cost to manage the process
Canada May 20-23 Denver, Colo.