Driven by the growing demand for mobile broadband access, LTE adoption has considerably gained momentum throughout the globe with over 49 commercial deployments. Driven by these early launches global LTE subscriptions reached 6.4 Million at the end of Q4’2011. From an operator viewpoint Verizon Wireless (U.S) is leading the market with a 64 % market share thanks to its tremendous coverage footprint that currently spans across 178 regional markets in the United States. Verizon’s market share is followed by NTT DoCoMo, which represents 23 % of all LTE subscriptions. Going forward, the LTE market is set to grow with a CAGR of 150 % over the next 5 years and will eventually represent more than 8 % of all mobile connections by 2016, with 613 Million subscriptions. By that time China Mobile will be the leading LTE operator with its TD-LTE network accounting for over 17 % of all LTE subscriptions worldwide.
Covering over 810 operators, 53 infrastructure vendors and 222 countries worldwide the “LTE Subscriptions, Deployments, Spectrum and Infrastructure Contracts Database Q1’2012” tracks global cellular network deployments, infrastructure vendor contracts, and subscriptions. The report includes:
· List of all 2G/3G/4G Infrastructure contracts by technology, region, country, vendor and operator
· 2G/3G/4G Infrastructure market share by equipment type, region, country and vendor
· 2G/3G/4G network RF spectrum holdings by bandwidth, frequency, region, country and operator.
· Number of LTE subscriptions (as of Q4’2011) by region, country and operator
· Five-year LTE subscriptions forecasts by region, country and operator
· LTE Market share by region, country and operator.
For more information on this database, visit: http://www.giiresearch.com/report/sns229345-lte-subscriptions-deployments-spectrum.html
About Global Information Inc.
Global Information (GII) (http://www.giiresearch.com) is a market research provider with offices in six countries and partnering contracts with over 450 research firms worldwide. Global Information has been in the business of distributing technical and market research for more than 25 years.
Global Information Inc.
Contact via Email
Click here to read the full story: GiiResearch.com: LTE Subscriptions to Reach 613 Million by 2016 with China Mobile Accounting for 17% of All LTE Subscriptions