The technology demonstrations include connecting Skype users, and other desktop video services, from both laptop and mobile devices to various standards-based video systems, including Polycom and Cisco video systems as well immersive telepresence systems, such as the Polycom TPX rooms, Cisco CTS and Cisco T3 systems. The connections are made by having each party securely dial-in to Glowpoint’s VVR – a reservation-less multi-point service that utilizes unique conference and host pin code technology, similar to audio conferencing services.
"Our technology demonstration shows how the cloud, specifically Glowpoint’s cloud, can enable an anyone-to-anyone visual communications experience," said Anil Balani, Glowpoint’s senior vice president of product development. "As more and more users are looking to leverage their investment in telepresence and video conferencing technology, we are excited to offer users the ability to participate in telepresence meetings regardless of location or technology, including consumer oriented technologies like Skype."
Cloud-Based Mobile Video Demonstration Highlights
- VVR call with Skype, H.323 and TPX telepresence suite using cloud-based Polycom MGC
- Connect into a multi-point session both on the cloud-based MCU and in a standard codec multi-point session
Glowpoint’s VVR is part of its Open Video™ platform, which offers telepresence, video and unified communications users a seamless way to meet and communicate across a broad range of systems, on differing carrier networks, without compromising security policies.
- Multi-Vendor Compatibility – with virtually all standards and technology including Polycom and Cisco
- Participant Code – unique code that denotes a meeting room and is distributed to invited participants
- Secure Host Pin Code – Secure, unique leader code assigned required to start a conference
- URI Dial – URI dial string (@ovcloud.com) provides the ability to enter a conference via IP
- ISDN Dial – dial-in number for ISDN participants
- Self-Certification – dedicated dial-in VVR code enables end-users to perform self-certification for testing their video or audio compatibility prior to joining conferences
Contact Glowpoint to participate in a demonstration of the Skype-to-standards based video calling and Glowpoint’s VVR and Open Video platform.
+1 312-235-3888, ext. 2052
SOURCE Glowpoint, Inc.