The VVR service is a core component of Glowpoint’s Open Video™ cloud-based, shared infrastructure model that offers conferencing scalability and security for large enterprises and small and medium sized businesses around the world. VVR offers reservation-free, multi-point calling and delivers B2B meeting capabilities to SIP, H.323 and ISDN-based video-as well as audio-only-participants without having to re-configure customer-owned MCUs, without having to establish carrier interconnects for private MPLS networks, and without customers having to invest in additional MCU and infrastructure technology.
VVR can be accessed directly regardless of the network the video user is on or the video equipment they are using, and supports telepresence, video room systems and desktop video services. Similar to 800-audio conferencing services, VVR supports toll-free and URI dialing with host and participant pin codes for self-service, multi-party video conferencing for internal and external participants.
- Participant Code – unique code that denotes a meeting room and is distributed to invited participants
- Secure Host Pin Code – 4-digit code that is randomly generated for each meeting and is associated with the corresponding participant Code
- URI Dial – URI dial string (@ovcloud.com) provides the ability for end-users to distribute to participants to enter the conference via IP connections
- ISDN Call-in – dial-in number for ISDN participants who can also join the conference call
- Self-Certification – dedicated dial-in VVR code enables end-users to perform self certification in order to test their video or audio equipment and make sure that it is fully compatible before scheduling calls
- Compatibility – with virtually all standards and technology including Polycom and Cisco
Anil Balani, Glowpoint’s senior vice president of product development said: "The video community has not had the same inter-business video conferencing capabilities as has the audio world. Glowpoint’s cloud-based, hosted infrastructure offers a cost effective option for video users to quickly and easily communicate with other audio and video users across business boundaries."
SOURCE Glowpoint, Inc.