SAN DIEGO May 22, 2012 $1 May 25th Ronald Reagan
John Walsh the United States
The donation will help NCMEC in their efforts to find missing children and help prevent child abduction and sexual exploitation. According to the U.S. Department of Justice, though many are recovered quickly, an estimated 800,000 children are reported missing each year – more than 2,000 children every day. An estimated 1 in 5 girls and 1 in 10 boys will be sexually victimized before age 18.
GreatCall’s 5Star Urgent Responder
By simply pressing the button on the Responder, a child who may be lost, scared or confused can be immediately connected to highly-trained Certified Response Agents who will identify them and their location, conference in family or friends, dispatch 9-1-1 emergency service, access a nurse, or provide any additional assistance, if needed.
Key features also include:
- Online child locator – parents can login and find the location of the device on a map
- Lightweight, and portable – easily fits in a child’s pocket or clips to a backpack
- Personal profile – Emergency Response agents know who your child is and any important details in an emergency situation such as medications taken or known allergies
- 2-way communication – your child is actually speaking with an agent who will assess the situation and get them the help they need
- Peace of mind – when you can’t be there for them
About GreatCall, Inc.
New York Times
About the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC)
SOURCE GreatCall, Inc.