LAS VEGAS May 22, 2012 EMC WORLD
- Greenplum® Analytics Workbench
- Working with the Apache Software Foundation, results from the Analytics Workbench will be made available to the open source community in an effort to leverage the resources of the Greenplum Analytics Workbench to further accelerate the development of Hadoop® as a revolutionary technology for Big Data.
- The Greenplum Analytics Workbench is the result of several hardware and software companies coming together to collectively facilitate the development of Apache™ Hadoop® as an important tool for Big Data analytics, including EMC, Intel, Mellanox Technologies, Micron, Seagate, SuperMicro, Switch and VMware.
- 2:45pm Jeremy Burton Scott Yara Las Vegas https://community.emc.com/community/connect
Follow EMC World Online:
- Online: www.emcworld.com
- EMC Community Network: https://community.emc.com/community/connect
- Twitter: @EMCWorld @EMCCorp @Greenplum
- Facebook: EMC on Facebook
- Flickr: Flickr
At EMC World 2012, EMC (NYSE:EMC) today announced that the Greenplum Analytics Workbench – a 1,000-node cluster that will act as a lab environment for accelerating the pace of Big Data innovation – is now live. One of the primary uses of the Greenplum Analytics Workbench will be to act as an environment for running scale validation of the Apache Hadoop code base. Greenplum is actively working with the Apache Software Foundation to ensure that results from the Analytics Workbench are available to the open source community in an effort to leverage the resources of the Workbench to further accelerate the development of Hadoop as a revolutionary technology for Big Data. Technology from some of the world’s leading software and hardware manufacturers is providing the infrastructure for the Greenplum Analytics Workbench.
The 1,000-node cluster will also be made available to members of Greenplum’s training and certification classes for Hadoop. With the first publicly available courses launching this summer, Greenplum will offer a set of comprehensive Hadoop training programs designed to provide participants with the knowledge and programming skills required to leverage Hadoop. A unique aspect of Greenplum’s Hadoop training program is that any individual who successfully completes the course will be granted access to the 1,000-node cluster to use as a sandbox environment.
The Greenplum Analytics Workbench is the result of several hardware and software companies coming together to collectively facilitate the development of Apache Hadoop as an important tool for Big Data analytics, including:
- Mellanox Technologies
Chaitan Baru Director, Center for Large-scale Data Systems research (CLDS), San Diego Supercomputer Center, UC San Diego
Amir Prescher vice president of business development at Mellanox Technologies
"Supermicro has contributed to the 1,000 data node infrastructure and integration resources behind EMC’s Greenplum Analytics Workbench to accelerate innovation and the development of new applications within the Hadoop developer community. Our enterprise-class server platforms offer the highest performance, open standards and cost-effective architecture for massive-scale structured and unstructured data analytics. We are excited to offer growing support to the worldwide Hadoop community as Big Data sciences expand."
Greenplum, a division of EMC
SOURCE EMC Corporation