NEW HAVEN, Conn. Feb. 14, 2011 / / — $2,500 $50,000 Mark Volchek
The national winners are:
- Andy Bartlett Northeastern Junior College Sterling, Colorado
- Kaitlyn Aleise Beuregard Sam Houston State University Huntsville, Texas
- Erica Gish Tyler Junior College Tyler, Texas
- Candy Johnson Antelope Valley College Lancaster, California
- Amy Richards Ozarks Technical Community College Springfield, Missouri
- Miami Dade Miami, Florida
- Caren Sutton Portland State University Portland, Oregon
- Ashlynn Lewis Houston Community College Houston, Texas
- Kimberly Bates John A. Logan College Carterville, Illinois
- Luke Messer Cochise Community Nogales, Arizona
- Patrick Wayne Brown Southern University at Shreveport Shreveport, Louisiana
- Kyle Alexander Ricco University Of North Dakota (Grand Forks North Dakota
- Erika Marie White University of North Texas Denton, Texas
- Megan Malcolm Clayton State University Morrow, Georgia
- Roxana Rojo-Cruz Clayton State University Morrow, Georgia
- Adrian Dewayne Lebian Front Range Community College Westminster, Colorado
- Tiana Wilder Colorado Northwestern Community College Craig, Colorado
Three additional winners who wish to remain anonymous will also receive scholarship money to be put toward their school tuition.
Candidates for the scholarship were asked to consider how they have overcome obstacles to achieve educational goals and live Higher One’s philosophy of "There is a way." Submissions were received in the form of short videos and were evaluated based on creativity, originality, quality and impact of the student’s story. Eligible candidates were students at colleges and universities nationally who partner with Higher One for OneDisburse® Refund Management® services, were enrolled either full or part time, were 18 years or older, and had a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
About Higher One:
Founded in 2000, Higher One, Inc., a subsidiary of Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE), is a leading company focused on helping college business offices manage operations and provide enhanced service to students. Through a full array of services from refunds, payments, electronic billing, payment plans and more, Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to ensure students receive Financial Aid refunds quickly, can pay tuition and bills online, make on-campus and community purchases, and learn the basics of financial management.
Higher One provides its services to distinguished public and private higher education institutions throughout the country to approximately 5.3 million students. More information about Higher One can be found at HigherOne.com
SOURCE Higher One Holdings, Inc.