If you’ve decided to make a house move, you’ll likely want to make sure that everything is in order so you don’t have to worry as much about the details. This means, as much as possible, you want to be as involved with the house move as you can – you might want to pack things yourself, put them in their respective vehicles, or even personally talk with professionals just to see their help. Ideally, all of this pans out and your few days of exhaustion will be worth the while once you finally get to enjoy dinner with the rest of your family.
Unfortunately, if you’re a busy professional, you might get discouraged to conduct a move due to the number of things you need to worry about outside the move – such as your work obligations, deadlines and meetings, and other important work elements. Sadly, this might mean you’ll never get your calendar clear with all the things you need to do. Does this mean it’s game over for your move? Not necessarily – in fact, the very smartphone you’re using to organize your errands for work might be your savior for your house move. How exactly do you make that work? Here are some tips:
- Prioritize video calls and conferences. If there’s a need to meet with people such as your local neighborhood’s officers, your designers or architects for some home changes, or even your NYC movers, you may want to consider conducting video calls and conferences instead of actually meeting them. This way, you remove the need of having to be physically present when making the meeting with them, but at the same time, you’ll be able to communicate everything you need. You’ll avoid having to spend time and money going to a new location, and you can conduct the meeting at the comfort of your own home.
- Prioritize digital submissions and purchases. If you need to go out of the house just to visit your new neighborhood for submissions or make purchases, then you should see whether you could just use digital submissions for your requirements or even do your shopping online. With the former, there are actually services and offices that allow digital submission of documents with electronic signatures, removing the need for long queues and hassling travels to various offices. Meanwhile, a lot of apps and services also exist that allow you to do your shopping online, allowing you to make your purchases for, say, packing materials easily without having to leave the home. This allows you to submit your documents or buy packing materials on your free day without having to make the effort to go outside. In turn, you’ll be able to maximize your time.
- Prioritize creating an inventory using digital apps and spreadsheets. Thanks to various programs and software, you may be able to organize everything you need in terms of inventory in a handy location. Instead of relying on a single journal or notebook, you may use digital apps and spreadsheets in order to indicate which items you own and what you want to do with them. Moreover, family members can contribute and add their belongings in this list, removing the need of manually visiting each room to make a tally of things owned.
- Prioritize organizing your schedule within a single calendar. Thanks to various apps and programs, you may be able to organize everything there is to fix about your move within calendar apps and organizing apps. These apps can serve as your digital “journal” where some can have you add location and time references, pictures, or even various checkboxes for tasks. In fact, you can sync some of these apps to your other calendar apps so your working schedule won’t be interrupted with things you have to do with your move.
- Prioritize hiring professionals online for specific parts of the move. If you know you might have a hard time fitting your schedule with the rest of the moving tasks, you might want to hire professionals such as packing and moving services to do the move for you. Thankfully, social media, interest groups, and even online service portals allow you to connect with organizations and teams that can do just that for you. In addition, you may be able to hire freelancers online that can do various simple tasks that you won’t be able to have the time to do.
Move With Your Smartphone: Make It Possible!
With the above tips in mind, it’s important to remember that it’s completely possible to pull off a digital house move from the comfort of your own smartphone. In fact, you can actually organize your move while travelling, during your break time, or for a few minutes each day at home due to how convenient a lot of smartphone systems are specifically for organizing your errands. You’d be surprised how fast you can organize your move without having to compromise your work schedule!