CLOSTER, N.J. May 22, 2012
AccessNow for Citrix adds value to Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop, as Citrix Receiver for HTML5 only works on Chromebooks, and only when using Citrix XenApp version 6 and up. AccessNow for Citrix augments the robustness of Citrix with cross-platform HTML5 flexibility and end-user device ubiquity. Ericom AccessNow for Citrix supports published desktops and applications from Citrix XenApp servers and Citrix XenDesktop managed VMs, and is compatible with earlier versions of Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop as far back as XenApp 4.5 (Presentation Server). This removes the immediate need to upgrade to Citrix XenApp version 6.
It is important to note that Citrix version 6 requires moving all the corporate 32-bit Windows applications, from Windows server 2003 and 2008 to Windows server 2008 R2 64-bit. This of course involves upgrading all Windows Servers to Windows 2008 R2. This can be a costly and time consuming task which requires extensive migration effort and resources. Instead, Ericom AccessNow for Citrix allows for an incremental and more easily controlled migration to newer Citrix servers and Windows server 2008 R2 as it supports Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2008 R2, significantly lowering the cost and disruption to the organization.
Ericom AccessNow greatly simplifies user access to virtual desktops and applications. Running entirely within HTML5 Web browsers, AccessNow eliminates the need for IT staff to install, configure, manage or maintain any client software — plug-ins, separate products or updates — for an ever-growing variety of end-user devices. As a zero client solution, AccessNow is an ideal solution for organizations seeking to implement BYOD policies, support Business Continuity and protect the existing investments in their Citrix environments.
AccessNow for Citrix:
- Provides the same functionality on all supported platforms
- Comes with Ericom SSL Secure Gateway (no SSL VPN deployment needed)
- Works smoothly with existing SSL VPNs (in case the organization already deployed an SSL VPN), and does not require installing an SSL VPN client which mandates admin rights on the user device
- Does not require any user rights on the user device – works even from locked down devices
- Can be launched directly from organizational portals, even on mobile devices, providing maximum connectivity
India China http://www.ericom.com
Ericom US Contact
Ericom UK Contact
the United States
SOURCE Ericom Software