With the expanding gap between increased network traffic volumes and data services revenues, the ability to provide the level of bandwidth customers need in real-time is becoming critical for mobile operators. Communications service providers are faced with rethinking how their bandwidth is allocated so they are able to offer customers the bandwidth required for a particular service precisely when they need it — whether it is for a quick SMS text message or for a data-intensive video download. Openet’s suite of proven solutions enables Communications Service Providers to control network traffic, monetize new and existing services and guarantee Quality of Experience for mobile device users.
The new IBM Dynamic Service Control Center of Excellence combines IBM technologies with the Openet platform to provide Communications service providers the ability to control, monetize, and personalize services for their subscribers. Openet provides mediation, rating and charging, balance, subscriber and policy management capabilities, along with analytics for all functions. For example, Openet’s solutions can set usage thresholds based on time of day, subscriber plan, or data consumption to make sure that appropriate actions are carried out once those thresholds are reached. It then allows service providers to charge resulting usage against a pre- or post-paid account.
The Center expands IBM’s leadership in analytics for the communications industry, recognizing the need for providers to test and adopt new intelligent service control technology. The center allows IBM clients to:
- Test new technology and proofs of concept in a "sandbox" environment
- Access a global pool of experienced subject matter experts in IBM and Openet technologies
- Access custom training tailored to Openet applications for intelligent service control
- Access and obtain support for other solutions including the IBM Cloud Service Provider Platform and the Service Provider Delivery Environment (SPDE)
- Support in using real-time analytics from Openet as well as IBM business analytics optimization resources including IBM Netezza, Unica and Cognos software
- Integrate IBM and Openet solutions in their own environment
Openet technology is optimized for IBM BladeCenter servers, supported by IBM solidDB Universal Cache in-memory database software and integrated with IBM analytics software.
IBM works with the top 1,000 communications service providers worldwide, including all 20 of the largest global providers.
Barcelona, Spain February 14-17, 2011