PISCATAWAY, N.J. July 13, 2011
IEEE publishes more than 150 journals and 1,000 conference proceedings titles each year and maintains over 3,400 technical standards. This agreement makes it easier to request permission to license and reuse IEEE information for a variety of purposes including research papers, textbooks and presentations.
CCC automates the permissions process through RightsLink, a sophisticated licensing engine that provides IEEE users with advanced levels of pricing flexibility and licensing options.
Details of the new expansion and services include:
- Access to thousands more IEEE journals, conference proceedings and standards
- More flexibility in permission requests, including the ability to reuse a specific figure or graph, a particular section of an article or the complete IEEE paper
- The ability to obtain a price quote in advance by using the "quick price" button
- The ability to request permission to translate articles into one or more languages
- An improved and faster user experience
- The benefit for IEEE members of only paying a handling fee directly to the CCC when they seek permission to reuse content in any paper they are publishing
Nancy A. Blair-DeLeon [email protected]