ISLANDIA, N.Y. July 27, 2011 announced
In order to make the right cloud choice for the business, management and security must be at the forefront of any consideration. To help ensure customers are successful in their cloud initiatives, CA Technologies provides a breadth of products and solutions that support a lifecycle approach to successful cloud deployment which includes: plan, design, deliver, secure and assure.
The following products and solutions announced today support a lifecycle approach to successful cloud deployment:
- Service Measurement Index Cloud Commons
- Business Service Insight also helps customers reduce performance and security risk by providing the ability to discover the traditional and cloud services currently running in an IT environment.
- Finally, customers can improve business agility and increase customer satisfaction by providing the business level visibility needed to help assure services are performing at operational and contractual service levels.
- Delivers the ultimate in enabling cloud choice. The integrated solution for automated data center management allows IT to respond to business needs, such as requirements for additional computing capacity on demand. This "cloud-bursting" capability allows customers to move workloads from private to public clouds as needed to meet demand and SLAs.
- Advances in CA Technologies rapid server imaging technology help prevent vendor lock-in. Customers can seamlessly move applications and workloads into, out of and across public cloud provider platforms from vendors such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace and Terremark.
- CA Server Automation CA Virtual Automation CA Configuration Automation CA Process Automation
- This unique turnkey cloud computing platform allows enterprises to design and deliver virtual business services across private and public clouds. With an intuitive visual interface, enterprises can define infrastructure, provision, deploy and manage applications, as well as monitor operations, using only a browser. With this release, customers can now run applications and services using VMware ESX and Xen hypervisors on the same grid, providing a new level of freedom and flexibility for delivering cloud services. In addition, customers can import workloads using the Open Virtualization Format (OVF), making smart use of existing virtualization investments.
- The new Global Fabric Controller adds detection and inventory functions to simplify installation and help reduce operating costs, and the role-based access control capabilities provide new options to enhance security. Enterprises running internal applications on the CA AppLogic cloud platform can easily move those applications to any of the global ecosystem of public cloud providers also using the CA AppLogic cloud platform.
- A new pre-integrated solution to deliver private cloud services. This out-of-the-box solution enables rapid, predictable and secure provisioning and delivers cloud infrastructure and critical services designed for hybrid environments.
- CA Service Catalog
- Helps enterprises design and deliver virtual infrastructure. It brings to market a revolutionary approach to capacity management by automatically solving for optimal workload assignment, predicting capacity needs, and addressing performance and response time risks while also right-sizing new and existing virtual machines. Users can perform these analyses with both existing and hypothetical infrastructure components.
- The placement and balancing solution, based on technology further developed from the Hyperformix acquisition, incorporates an infrastructure library and leverages performance and capacity utilization data from third party agents to support multi-vendor analysis. CA Virtual Placement Manager helps address problems of VM stall and sprawl by leveraging patented analytics to safely increase overall host to VM ratios.
Additional Enhanced Products:
- CA Virtual Assurance for Infrastructure Managers 12.5
- CA Identity Manager 12.5 CA Role & Compliance Manager 12.5
- CA Data Manager 4.3
- CA Automation Suite for Cisco UCS 12.5
Pragmatic Approach to Cloud
About CA Technologies
Follow CA Technologies
Copyright © 2011 CA. All Rights Reserved. One CA Plaza, Islandia, N.Y. 11749. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.
SOURCE CA Technologies