ITASCA, Ill. Feb. 7, 2011 $35M
Michael Small $500M Oakleigh Thorne
During 2010, Aircell achieved tremendous growth through diversified revenue from both the commercial and business aviation markets. By year end 2010:
- Gogo Inflight Internet Service was available on more than 1,050 commercial aircraft operating 3,800 flights daily in the U.S.
- In the business aviation market, Aircell had nearly 6,000 customers that operate a wide range of aircraft all over the world.
- With Bombardier Aerospace’s selection of Aircell in October, communications systems are now available as original equipment at every major manufacturer in the business aviation industry. This encompasses nearly 40 factory aircraft programs all over the world.
- Aircell equipment is flying aboard the world’s most prolific fractional ownership and charter fleets, including Flight Options, Flexjet, NetJets, XOJET, and others.
- In business aviation, Gogo Biz became the fastest-selling service in the company’s history. Just over a year after availability, shipments and orders were already approaching 1,000 units.
- Leading companies such as Google, Hewlett Packard, Ford, Facebook, People.com and Skymall partnered with Aircell to bring Gogo access and special content to passengers.
Moving forward in 2011, Aircell expects to increase its base of installed aircraft by an average of three per day in the airline market. Gogo is available on all AirTran Airways, Virgin America and mainline Delta Air Lines flights; as well as flights operated by Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, United Airlines and US Airways, with service on Frontier Airlines expected to begin shortly.
Broomfield, Colorado Itasca, Illinois www.aircell.com
© 2011 Aircell LLC. Aircell, Gogo and in touch, in flight are trademarks of Aircell or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Contact: Jamie Walker, Sparkpr for Aircell
415-321-1887 or 510-502-2981